Water spots.. already?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Hey guys,

I'm slightly baffled as to why there are 'caked' in water spots on the paintwork already...

Does anyone have any tricks for removing them?

Will have to wait to the weekend to try anything really, but I'm hoping another wash + soap + rinse will just remove them.. but using a waterless cleaner does not.. they really seem stubborn and I'm slightly surprised that the new paint + the paint protection is susceptible to this..

They are on both the body work and the windows.

Anyone ever tried this distilled vinegar trick? I'm just concerned about doing any damage to the paint work..
Confused

SammyV6S2016-05-10 21:01:17
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

If you got that water staining on your windows as well it sounds like a case of acid rain or something Sammy. Don't think its anything to do with the paint protection in my opinion. Actually a friend of mine did do the vinegar thing on his black XK8, it did work but with excessive elbow grease, he got pissed off and in the end he splashed out on some high end cleaning product. I would do the same Sammy, just get some decent stuff to do the job, besides you don't want your car to smell like a bag of fish n chips,LOL
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Haha ya!

I have some autoglym super resin polish and glass polish maybe I'll try that.

It must be to do with the drive through the Peak District I did in the sh*tty weather!
Wonder if the roads were slated or something
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

I wouldn't use any waterless cleaner. Water washes all the grit and dirt away. Dry quickly using a big towel and if waterspouts are still there then some decent polish to remove
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Thanks Ronnie,

I should say the car was cleaned, put in the garage and then that's when I noticed the water spots, hence using the quick detailed/ waterless spray to try and remove them. But yes I think a re wash is in order!
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

Only a personal opinion but I'd throw away that waterless cleaner

Clean water and big microfibre towel are way to go. I could wash and dry my Range Rover in minutes and no water spots if you dry quickly enough.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Ja, I've not used waterless cleaner before, this is the first time as a quick fix before weekday storage but so far I'm not massively impressed..
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Only a personal opinion but I'd throw away that waterless cleaner

Clean water and big microfibre towel are way to go. I could wash and dry my Range Rover in minutes and no water spots if you dry quickly enough.

Actually, while we're on it.. whats your quick method for washing the car with the water+towel?

Do you still haul out the hose?
captainham

Post by captainham »

Sammy, I think paint protection film is more prone to water spots than naked paint...mine certainly is.

I use a spray bottle with 50% white vinegar/50% distilled water to remove them, works a treat. My ppf installer recommended this so it's definitely safe to use on ppf.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Sammy, I think paint protection film is more prone to water spots than naked paint...mine certainly is.

I use a spray bottle with 50% white vinegar/50% distilled water to remove them, works a treat. My ppf installer recommended this so it's definitely safe to use on ppf.

Haha oh dear!
I don't have the film on the car, just the body care stuff, whatever it is :S

Good to know about the vinegar mix. Maybe I'll give that a shot.
Do you rinse the car down after using it? And do you mix it yourself or use an off the shelf thing?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post