Water spots.. already?

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

I wouldn't use any waterless cleaner. Water washes all the grit and dirt away. Dry quickly using a big towel and if waterspouts are still there then some decent polish to remove

I agree with the waterless cleaner but not so sure about a towel, better to use a microfibre cloth, depending on the towel it can produce very fine swirls on the paintwork...Im just following what the pro detailing guys do when they wash the cars.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013

Tel

Post by Tel »

There is a very simple and effective way to remove the calcium form your paint or PPF that I have to use regularly (as we live in a v hard water area).
never use polish as the marks will still be there.

Go to Asda and buy a cheap white wine vinegar. Use a small pad (I use Meguiars from Halfords).
Attack one panel at a time, just putting vinegar on it, in long vertical or horizontal strokes, not circular as you are effectively removing very fine abrasive particles.
Leave it for 5 minutes.

Follow this up with a Microfibre cloth soaked in water to neutralise and hey presto...spots be gone!

Been using this method for many years, and I detail cars for a hobby, and it has never failed to work. Watering down into a solution, just means it will take longer to remove the deposits, and WWV will not harm paintwork.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Amazing - thanks Tel.
Less work than polishing them out too! I think this might be what I try in the garage tonight then...

Interesting how all the major car care companies recommend polishing them out!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Thanks for the handy tip Tel.
Fish n chips tonight then SammyLOL, let us know how you get on.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Haha I'll bring them with me.. will end up with greasy fingerprints all over the car instead!!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

i do haul out the hose, plentiful supply of clean water then.

Ive also had an outside mixer tap fitted to get a bit of hot or warm water to get rid of ingrained dirt and keep my hands warm in the winter.

Vinegar is a great agent for cleaning, but it is an acid and shouldnt be left on
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

the towel is microfibre and it is only placed on the car...dont rub with it, just pat it to pick up the moisture
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Thanks guys, all the comments coming together then and I have my plan of attack!

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Make sure you don't use up all the vinegar, leave some for the fish n chips!
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

malt vinegars best for fish and chips

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post