Snow foam

Detailing, Washing, Waxing..
Pete81

Post by Pete81 »

Does anyone use snow foam to clean their car? What are your thoughts? Am reluctant to pressure clean me F...

ronniet

Post by ronniet »

Hiya

Ive used snow foam for a few years, think it works really well. Need to make sure you get it thick enough so that it doesnt just slide off
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I've pressure cleaned mine (just once) after it was very dirty (mud caked on etc)..
Should I not be doing that?

I didnt get too close with the pressure though..
Whats the risk, besides getting too close and risking damage from the pressure?
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

pressure washing just forces dirt deeper into the paint if you arent careful. For me a good soak with snow foam and a light agitation with a micro fibre cloth followed by lightly pressure washing shifts all of the dirt
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I never knew!

How do you apply the snow foam? I've only seen it being applied with a pressure washer type thing..
I currently use the Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo and a sponge ha
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

get rid of that sponge...it traps dirt, get a few microfibre cloths and use different ones for top and bottom of the car and for the wheels

Snow foam has a special end unit that fits on end of a karcher pressure washer, water that comes out is low pressure but forms a white layer of suspended soap suds on the car, story goes this gives the detergents time in the suspension to work their magic on the dirt
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Oh damn, I have a VAX pressure washer.

I guess thats the only real way of applying it to make use of it though :(

Unless.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Sprayer-Superspray-Hose-End/dp/B001MQ02YA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463045090&sr=8-1&keywords=superspray does the trick..

SammyV6S2016-05-12 10:25:21
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

think you might find the end connectors are the same whatever the brand
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Hmm might be worth a look into.

Last question! (I think) - so you're overall procedure looks something like:

1. Snow Foam onto dry(?) car
2. Agitate with microfibre cloth
3. Rinse with hose
4. Dry with microfibre cloth

Thanks, Ronnie!
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

start to finish on my range rover is 20 minutes

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post