A few photos from the advert for my V6S sale..

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Hi all,

Put my V6S up for sale on Sunday and it had sold and gone on Monday, but thought I’d post up a picture or two from the advert as I was pretty pleased with how they came out!

I’ll be replacing her with an Italian Racing Red V8S the Saturday after this one coming, it’s going to be a long week and a bit!!!

Chris

69F4C3B1-66E4-4937-8460-DEA08F36DF94.jpeg

20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover

vika01

Post by vika01 »

What photos? I see 1 photo.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
basher

Post by basher »

Beautiful colour. :D
What is it?
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Satellite Grey according to the VIN.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
The bodyman

Post by The bodyman »

Not seen that colour before. I like it 😘
Orange RCF V8
White F Type V8 R.
Red F Type V8 R
White XKR
Blue XK cab
370z cab
Others but can't remember
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

Out of curiosity, when did you put it up for sale ?

I'm considering moving my F-Type on, but not having sold a car without trading in for the best part of 35 years I'm not really sure where to start and who to trust.

John
Stratus Grey V6S AWD Convertable, Black Pack, Tornado Wheels, Ivory Performance Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. - Gone but not forgotten.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

JohnGB wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:57 pm Out of curiosity, when did you put it up for sale ?

I'm considering moving my F-Type on, but not having sold a car without trading in for the best part of 35 years I'm not really sure where to start and who to trust.

John
It’s worth getting a quote from someone like webuyanycar and then have a look at autotrader to look at prices of similar cars. Fix any minor issues like scuffed alloys, clean the car really well and take plenty of photos. Be honest in your advert so potential buyers aren’t put off and don’t do any haggling unless they have viewed the car and then only if they can show some sort of evidence of why your price isn’t fair. If it’s priced right it will sell. Be very cautious with test drives unless they have insurance and can prove it. Check their driving license and take a photo of it, and obviously go with them. Good luck, this is a good time of year to sell, especially convertibles.

Probably worth putting advert on here too of course.
JohnGB

Post by JohnGB »

Thanks for the advice Gus, appreciated.

I'll certainly have a look at some of the 'webuyanycar' type people. I'm into detailing quite a bit so it's really quite presentable, (not that I'm blowing my trumpet of course........)

Slight scratch on one wheel, not kerbed, which I will get done before I advertise it.

Thanks again for your input.

John
Stratus Grey V6S AWD Convertable, Black Pack, Tornado Wheels, Ivory Performance Seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel. - Gone but not forgotten.
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

I have a 2013v8s italuan racing red i was going to sell 15000 miles and immaculate with nearly every option fitted and we steal any car were offering 27000 pounds what a rip off as a bottom line price privatly wld be 36000 and on a dealer forecourt more like 37995
Thats how thwy make so much money
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

JohnGB wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:57 pm Out of curiosity, when did you put it up for sale ?

John
I put it up for sale on Sunday evening last weekend, and had it gone by 3pm the next day! Probably undersold it, but I only lost £500 on it which isn't too bad (sold for £29,000 having bought it in December for £30k but had some issues with the dealer warranty so got £500 back) . In the end I sold it to a dealer (GKirby Collection) who now have it up on their website for £32,995. It had 38700 miles on the clock, I was happy with the price as was the dealer so I'm pleased. I had it up on Autotrader.
We buy any car offered me £25k for it. Had lots of interest in it for that price (and a few silly offers!!!), but I happened to buy at the right time of year and sell at the right time of year too.
I've also called a few sale or return places (a dealer sells on your behalf and takes a cut) to find out what they'd sell it for, and I was told £31,700 - but it's a good way to get a bit of an idea as to what to price it as - or you could sell through them which I've done before with a V6 coupé an that was a fairly painless experience.
Advert is still live (need to take it down - will do so later) if you wanted any inspiration..
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... on=at_cars
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post