3 Months In

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Lux37

Post by Lux37 »

20220717_143428.jpg

3 months in and thoroughly enjoying the F type although only managed to put 1k miles on the clock so far!To be honest I was nervous about trading in the 2012 XKR which I loved but no regrets so far.For those that are interested my pros and cons for the early days are as follows-

The pros-

The looks and the sound track!Going from a coupe to the soft top was not originally in the game plan but after the test drive you get the full sound track with the hood down.When first looking for an F type the surround sound was on my wish list but to be honest with the hood up or down I am not sure you are getting a great deal of benefit as you just want to listen to the engine noise Its not a daily so we are not concerned if the weather is not great so having a convertible will not be a problem(only drove the XKR in the dry across the year)

You get so many people ask about the Jaguar so you need to be patient when fueling up (33mpg on long motorway runs which is better than the XKR)or at car shows.You genuinely feel that most people have a soft spot for the Jaguar marque,even at car shows where certainly more expensive/exclusive cars are present.

The performance is great but is far beyond what you can manage on the public road or a expert driver so it is a cruiser most of the time.

The driver aids(blind spot warning,front and back parking sensors,Sat nav)are a great improvement to the XKR although the F type is 5 years newer.

At present worth the gamble not buying from a Jaguar dealer and getting a better price along with a 1 year warranty but time will tell.Took a little time to get the previous owner off the car so I could get the In Control App but the posts on these forum were a great guide to resolve the problem.

Cons-None apart from the usaul that I cannot get linked to the Jaguar Here.Com on the car so cannot get traffic updates despite having the correct 3g card which is a minor quibble.

Need to move so I can get a garage!

All in all a great start and still cannot stop smiling when I remove the cover and press the start button.

BC66A16A-2E48-4E1C-B90D-3BDEAA5C6E7E.jpeg

20220716_192317.jpg

2017 SVR Convertible,Caldera Red

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

kept in good companey , in the first picture, dead right in you statement :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post