Union Jack

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Jagster.
I'll cut the 'faded' Jack and stick it over the current one with Blue tack and take a photo.
Give me half an hour or so and I'll post a photo to compare.

Ref the matt black spray - the other thought I had was to use a B&W image which ends up with greys / silvers but decided against at the last minute. I guess the limits are boundless.....

Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Stuck on with blue tack and photo taken. (apologies for the quality - it may look clearer out of the garage)
Personal view but I still prefer the 'clean' version.
I also think I'll be keeping it on for now.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Interesting to see. Thanks Big Bri Thumbs Up
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Looking very good Bri, think I'm with you on the 'cleaner' flag. Great idea!
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Well...I managed to find a bit of time to have a go at making my own version of under spoiler graphics.

I started by working out what I wanted sizewise and shape (the spoiler is curved in section as well as in plan form, so for me, the graphic had to have a curved profile to it.

I did a trial run using a print from my office printer (that's the photo with the car in my garage) and I found that I didn't like the visual clutter on the underside of the spoiler which was distracting from the look of the graphic, so I decided to paint the underside of the spoiler satin black prior to fitting the final Union Jack decal, which I hand cut out of Scotchcal.
The blue and the red have a satin/matt metalic finish and the white is non metalic slightly glossy.

Conclusion.....well, i'm not sure that the photos do full justice to the finished article, but either way, i'm pleased with finished result. Smile

2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Daflux

Post by Daflux »

This looks great as a subtle mod! Very impressed! Add an awesome touch when people are giving the F-Type a close-up!

And another reason to leave the spoiler up around town too... ;)

Great work, really looks good to me!
Daflux // 2014 'R' Coupe //
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I always stick a saltire on my rear window when I go to Scotland. Wouldn't want to recognised as one of those bloody English!
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Well...I managed to find a bit of time to have a go at making my own version of under spoiler graphics.

I started by working out what I wanted sizewise and shape (the spoiler is curved in section as well as in plan form, so for me, the graphic had to have a curved profile to it.

I did a trial run using a print from my office printer (that's the photo with the car in my garage) and I found that I didn't like the visual clutter on the underside of the spoiler which was distracting from the look of the graphic, so I decided to paint the underside of the spoiler satin black prior to fitting the final Union Jack decal, which I hand cut out of Scotchcal.
The blue and the red have a satin/matt metalic finish and the white is non metalic slightly glossy.

Conclusion.....well, i'm not sure that the photos do full justice to the finished article, but either way, i'm pleased with finished result. Smile

Nice work David!!!! You beat me to it. Im really pleased that you and Big Bri have actually done the underside spoiler project that was talked about for some time.
I really like the black background, it definitely works better, it gives the rear end an entirely different look, the black matching the underside body panel from the exhaust, can't remember its proper name, and also the hood, most impressed mate!! I like the fact that the visual of the flag is almost discreet in my view. Definitely a big Thumbs UpThumbs Up from me David.

As for Big Bri, I prefer the cleaner Union Jack and my personal opinion it would be interesting to see what it would look like if you were to do a black background of the entire underside of the spoiler just like Jagster's.

Well done lads.

She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Well done Jagster. The black paint is a good idea, Maybe I should have done the same.
Here's Sunday just gone at Raby Castle. I't's amazing how many people do notice the flag and so far all had positive comments.
steveh

Post by steveh »

I always stick a saltire on my rear window when I go to Scotland. Wouldn't want to recognised as one of those bloody English!

Shouldn't worry, wife and myself are English and we have lived in Scotland for 21 years and we find the Scots are the nicest and most welcoming people you could wish to meet. Fly the Union Flag with pride! 🇬🇧 😀
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post