My Glacier White V6S

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Nice.
Great to see from all the photos in your thread that your able to keep the car immaculate and still enjoy using it.

Great last photo, by the way!
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Looks like you've started the black out treatment, front end look sharper .... from your rendering the sides should give then car back its waistline ahead of the rear hips we all love so much! Are you still going to add the red details?

And as per your OP, it is interesting to see how different every car is with the subtle detail changes ....Senninha2017-02-05 15:00:27
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Looks like you've started the black out treatment, front end look sharper .... from your rendering the sides should give then car back its waistline ahead of the rear hips we all love so much! Are you still going to add the red details?

Yeah, the front has been wrapped in black as they could be unbolted from below. The sides were going to be at the same time but due to the rake angle on the contact point between the sill and the side panel she couldn't get the wrap to sit perfectly. Turns out the whole side panel needs to be removed to remove the side sills as they are attached from the top on the inside. She mentioned that a more experienced person could do it in situ, but bowed out herself. Love the fronts though so far, and the sides will definitely get done in black. As for the red, I'll see what the car looks like with the black alone, then make a decision - but totally agree, the black sides will give more emphasis on those beautiful hips.
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Great last photo, by the way!

Smile The beast slumbers!
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Benji, did you say had a ceramic coating as well as PPF? I'm pretty sure you can't/shouldn't apply PPF on something like GTechniq, so I assumed any such coating would be similar.

Not sure if that might have caused issues with the original PPF lifting?
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Captain, it did have the CQuartz coating on, but I believe it was after the PPF was on and applied to the remainder of the car and wheels. Good shout though, I'll have to check.

I've been comparing the response from the CQuartz coating and my friends Gyeon coating, and I have to say have been slightly underwelmed with the CQuartz - dirt and road grime seems to 'stick' to mine, and just 'sits' on the Gyeon, after a quick pressure wash there is a considerable difference.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Because I know you lovely people like a good F-Type photo. A quick update on the F-Types adventures...

20170216_124329_small.jpg

Getting all the attention on camera...

20170401_103833_small.jpg

20170401_104737_small.jpg

Gaydon meet up with the chaps...

20170405_153655_small.jpg

Eyeing up the competition at the CarLimits track day...

20170216_144527_small.jpg

And the aftermath.... :lol: :cry:

20170401_074039_small.jpg

And looking stunning in the early morning light.
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

It's taken a long long time, but finally got round to start doing some little aesthetic customisations to the FTYPE to make completely my own.

Here's the latest additions:

20170725_190758_small.jpg

20170725_201351_small.jpg

20170725_204506_small.jpg

There are possible light grey union jack decals that will use the white of the car as the background going on the rear haunches, they've arrived but didn't have time to fit them before heading off for work... still deciding whether they will suit or not, they were dead cheap so no love lost if they go in the bin after installing them.

20170804_163906_small.jpg

Hope you all enjoy.
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Looking good man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post