My Storm 340 Coupe

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

The wheels are a real match with the car - spot on.
As for the flat bottom steering wheel. - mine came with it, but it wouldn't have mattered either way for me.

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Thanx to nice chap on fleabay and a helpful parts man at the local stealer, I have both the bonnet vents and side power vents in gloss black ...

So with Wifey and girls out on some retail therapy I took the plunge ...

As sensibly advised by several fellow owners, I began by carefully masking any potentially vulnerable paintwork ....
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Once masked, remove the plastic trim at the rear of the opening, followed by the 3 bolts across the top, and 2 more in the door jam .... be sure to cover the bolt sized hole just in case the pesky little bolt drops ...

I used an old detail rag ...

With all bolts out and the new part carefully unwrapped so I could see where to apply pressure to the clips, I began to ease out the old chrome vents ... I found it easier to release the base of the trim first ...

Once out (no broken clips!!), I gave the exposed bodywork a quick clean and coat of Poor Boys black hole polish ...
Senninha2017-02-13 07:10:10
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

To finish the job, reverse the process, pop all the bolts and trims back on then simply line and push the new gloss black vents into position with a comforting click ....

Total time was just under 2 hours, mainly because I was not wishing to have to explain to the good lady why I needed a trip to the Bodyshop! Second took less the half hour as I knew the process.

Very pleased to have started my semi-black pack transformation .... also saved the near £200 fitting price the dealer quoted!

(Not sure why all the photos have fallen over)
Senninha2017-02-13 07:11:42
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Stage two of the black pack was the bonnet vents ...

Now the first thing to note is that unless you have your very own "go go gadget arms", you are going to need a willing assistant, only for a few minutes, who can hold the stock vents whilst you ease out the clips from the underside ... and end up with this ...

As with the side vents, a clean and a polish before the simple operation to click into place the new gloss black 'nostrils' and job done ... total time 15 minutes to achieve this ...

Very pleased with my mornings work, which included a wash. Side on the car appears visually lower ahead of the A pillar with the black vent against the dark paintwork. Next on the list is to turn the rear badges to gloss black, but for now, the output of today's activity ...

Thanx for looking ...
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Well done. Can't see the whole 'stand back and admire from a distance' effect, but I can imagine it looks great.

....I wondered how the side vents might fix on...Now I know...Thanx!

...Bleedin'norah....your driveway must be the steepest in the country! Good job the tyres grip well Wink
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Well done. Can't see the whole 'stand back and admire from a distance' effect, but I can imagine it looks great.

Here you go ....

Enjoy
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Be very very careful with how you've reattached the side vents.

Mine were not attached correctly from the factory (as far as i was concerned) and i ended up having to spend £2k having new lower wing panels put on as the aluminium started to rip from the corners by the vent.

I eventually got the money back from Jaguar, but if you've changed the panels you need to make sure they are re-attached correctly and they don't move around or stress the panels with too much force.

I don't wish to concern you - just make sure it's right.

By the way - it looks at great job.

2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Looks so much better....just the chrome round the windows and badges, and all done!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi Tel, thanx for the positive I've feedback ....

I thought about all black from front to back, but after a few months of ownership I shall keep window surrounds and grill chrome, as they link to the exhausts, and are complemented by the diamond cut to the wheels.

The lack of chrome window surrounds on Storm does (IMO), make the car look 'dull' .... the below is another forum members car that I'm using as an example ....

Compared to mine today ...

Senninha2017-02-15 23:27:14

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post