Snow cat!

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Up visiting a friend near Banff this weekend... Took the scenic route via Glenshee. Was not expecting this!

Didn't think we'd be using snow mode so soon!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Eeek! My worst nightmare would be getting caught out by snow. Not seen anything much for about 4 years down here.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Guessing you north of Watford ... take care, let us know how good snow mode is in the real world
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
steveh

Post by steveh »

That's not too far from me, won't be going through there until they clear to road. Do you have AWD? If so what does it drive like in snow?
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Got caught in an unexpected blizzard in an M3; it was very unpleasant and a miracle I got the car home in one piece. This is my nightmare!! Will be taking the Fiesta to work if there is a hint of the white stuff.

What's snow mode like?

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Winters arrived Unhappy ...Nice photos though Thumbs Up
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

I took my XF out in snow once, the experience was scary to say the least. After that I put snow tyres on it and now with snow mode on I can drive through the midwinter Alps in it.

I imagine the FType is very similar, but I wouldn't risk it because of the width of the wheels. AWD or RWD makes no difference once you have entered a skid, the wider the tyres the worse the aquaplaning. Apparently the best car in snow is a Renault Twingo, very light and wheels stolen off a cycle.

If it snows in the Midlands the F will stay in its hutch!
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Mine is going off the road at the end of this month. Time to get the 4x4 truck out for the winter.

It's the ying to the F-Type's yang. Makes an interesting contrast.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

We wouldn't ever plan to use the F-type in snow... Was totally unexpected. It was totally gone by the time we got down to Braemar.

Wasn't too bad. Just a thin layer on the road and wasn't cold enough to be icy. Snow mode just seemed to stop you being an idiot and putting the foot down for high revs. It's RWD but totally fine.

I've driven BMWs in the snow and even my Lotus Exige with semi slick tyres on it.

I wouldn't choose to use the F-type in the snow but I generally don't think driving in snow is too scary. Maybe we're just used to it living in Scotland and driving up north to go skiing in the winter (in a front wheel drive van).

We'll definitely take a different way home on Sunday just in case but I'm sure it'll be cleared now. Hope it keeps falling to get a good base for the ski season though!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Actually... This reminds me...

In January 2015 we needed to get from Glasgow to just near Aberfoyle. An unexpected blizzard brought Glasgow to a stand still. Buses were crashing beside us. Front wheel drive and four wheel drive cars were all over the place.

We made it to Aberfoyle in our rear wheel drive 4 Series BMW. In properly thick snow. Several inches by the time we got there.

I think the auto gearbox made a big difference. You can just let it crawl very gradually without touching the accelerator to get moving and then all the usual stuff like keeping momentum going, very gradual movements and not stopping on hills.

I think the F-type would be similar but, like I said above, not planning to find out! dezzy2016-11-04 22:28:41

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post