Storm grey or firesand anyone ?

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Lawsoc

Post by Lawsoc »

Hi if anyone has a storm grey coupe or firesand do u mind putting a photo up as I haven't seen these two colours in the flesh and there's a storm grey one for sale cheers Claire

Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

If you search for firesand on this forum you will find quite a few pics.

It is a gorgeous colour in the flesh. One of the members here has one with all of the details in gloss black. Saw it at the jaguar breakfast meeting. 'Twas stunning'

The shades of black, white and greys that Jag do are also great, I take the view that others should see and hear and FType in the distance before they see it up close.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I wasn't brave enough to go for fireasand, but I still like the colour. I think it really suits the car. My next door neighbour tells me he would choose firesand for an F type if he was going to have one and he's in his 60's, so it does appeal to all ages. The F type's not a car for shrinking violets anyway, so throw caution to wind and go the whole hog, is what I say.

There's a couple of Firesand 340's for sale in Leeds and Bradford with pics.
http://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2728266
http://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2724165

Although I don't think there's a bad colour out there, they all look good.

2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Firesand looks better on a convertible IMO. Plus pictures don't do it justice.

Storm grey works on both!
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Storm Grey .... it has a nice pearl effect and for me the darker shade really shows of the lines of the F-Type ...

Senninha2016-11-14 21:32:21
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

And this should give you an idea of the pearl effect I mentioned ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

My 2p...

If you go firesand it's got to have the black pack. If you go grey it has to have chrome.

Just my opinion (from someone with ultimate black and chrome trim).
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

I agree with Dezzy.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

My 2p...

If you go firesand it's got to have the black pack. If you go grey it has to have chrome.

Just my opinion (from someone with ultimate black and chrome trim).

When I first brought the car home I thought I would be de-chroming within days ... I even obtained quotes and was ready to go ... then work turn an express upturn so no leaving the car for mods, instead I was using and enjoying driving.
During these busy weeks I ended up chatting with lots of colleagues all of whom loved the F-Type, even non-car folk where positive. I used these chats to get feedback on the idea of turning the chrome to gloss black (I've dismissed CF as done that before and if I start again I know the ££'s involved to do it how I would like it) ... the result is that the majority of chrome will be staying because as many said, against the dark colour it really accentuates the great lines of the coupe ...
Another vote for dezzy ...

Senninha2016-11-15 07:45:04
Mobysan

Post by Mobysan »

Photographs never really do the colour justice - it always seems to look a little dull when its overcast. It looks much better in the flesh, especially when the sun comes out!
Mobysan - F-Type R AWD Storm Grey/Black Pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post