Buying an AWD S take 2............

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
MOz

Post by MOz »

As above. Reject now if they won't extend that option.

Sorry to hear your news.
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.

Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Really feel for you, I think its more than fair for you to ask for the extension
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Sorry to hear about the issues. My thoughts mimic those of the others above, you are the paying customer and they are providing a product, if the product is faulty and not fit for use then you have every right to reject it. You asking for a 90 day extension rejection period is you almost doing them a good will gesture, so they should grant you it. If not, then reject it now if they can't give you a confirmed cause and solution to the ongoing issue.

Keep us updated on how you get on.
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

To protect yourself from a potential lemon (and that nagging doubt every time you start it up) I'd immediately reject the car if they don't extend the rejection period - confirmed in writing. I'm sorry lightning has struck twice but I would also first see what they are prepared to do to keep you as a Jaguar customer. If the answer is not much then walk away.

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
NorthernGooner

Post by NorthernGooner »

Thanks all. Jaguar UK customer service says dealer will grant the 90 day rejection extension. I emailled the dealer principle on Friday morning and I know he was there because Jag CS said they'd spoken to him and yet he's not replied. They collected the car Friday lunchtime and bit surprised that I didn't get a call (last time they called on the Saturday morning so I know that the workshop is open). I'm so keen to keep the car maybe I'm not thinking straight about this, if this had been my Jag dealership I'd be all over my client like a rash - these guys, as curteous as they are just cant seem to be bothered.
2018 BRG AWD R-Dynamic :D
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Adam, I really don't know what to say. I know how much you like the F and it's heartbreaking hearing how much trouble you are having. If it had been a "normal" car I would be the first to say reject, change brand etc - but nothing compares to the F Type so I fully understand your dilemma. It's a real disappointment that the dealer isn't being more proactive. My gut feeling is you have to give them one more chance to get it right. But after that - I'm really not sure.
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Big Bri wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:45 pm Adam, I really don't know what to say. I know how much you like the F and it's heartbreaking hearing how much trouble you are having. If it had been a "normal" car I would be the first to say reject, change brand etc - but nothing compares to the F Type so I fully understand your dilemma. It's a real disappointment that the dealer isn't being more proactive. My gut feeling is you have to give them one more chance to get it right. But after that - I'm really not sure.
I second this - I would have expected the dealer to be all over you like a rash. Fingers crossed it's just teething trouble and the gremlins will stay away now. Do you have another dealer within a reasonable distance?

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
NorthernGooner

Post by NorthernGooner »

Not sure what the issue is, might be an injector, they're waiting for Jag UK and finally I've thought enough is enough, if I'd taken the emotion out of the decision I've have rejected it earlier, its my second one for heavens sake, and ultimately whilst it may be beautiful if it wont work its no good. Thanks for your comments and advice, if anyone goes to SCITP I'll likely be in the German section!
2018 BRG AWD R-Dynamic :D
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

So sorry for you. Must be massively frustrating.
It reminds me of that Top Gear slot about the E-Type and what made Britain great etc... Then does the comedy bit about the car not starting.

Problem is, that if it's you that has the problem, it just isn't funny, and if Jaguar UK don't react quickly and decisively as if they mean it, then it's completely understandable that you have made the decision to send it back.

I think you did the right thing, but why you have had to go through this twice, is anybody's guess. All I will say is best of luck for your next purchase...I think you deserve some after the last two fiascos.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post