Buying an AWD S take 2............

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
NorthernGooner

Post by NorthernGooner »

Collected my replacement F-Type yesterday, and bearing in mind its not yet 24 hours, so far so good sounds apt. Initial reaction to the MY18 changes, prefer the seats, infotainment system significantly better particularly with the 10GB in-car storage. Front LED lights interesting although cosmetically I prefered the MY17 lights. Other minor changes, darkened rear light covers, lost the copper colour ignition and paddle switches (shame), lost the cubby hole between the seats, and the silver door pulls are now black. Having driven a 340 for 6 weeks theres definitely a difference from standstill to the 380 and the awd system gives the car significantly less body roll, it feels much taughter. Its good to have the 'loud' button back although rather bizarely imo all the 'S' designations have disappered both inside and out, which takes subtle to the extreme as its only a tiny awd underneath the R-Dynamic logo that means it must be a 380. Its also amazing how different the car looks in BRG than white and even in this short time I notice that more people stare at the car. Going on a 600 mile round trip on Monday which will bed things in nicely.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

2018 BRG AWD R-Dynamic :D

Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Looks really nice, i'd like to see pic of the interior to see the newer style seats?

Enjoy!!
NorthernGooner

Post by NorthernGooner »

These are standard seats but with premium leather (appologies fopr the orientation - they're fine in real life :lol: )

IMG_4712.JPG

IMG_4711.JPG

2018 BRG AWD R-Dynamic :D
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Look like a good improvement by JLR, your colour combo is really nice!!
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Looking really good in the sunshine. I like the front lights and the darker rear lights seem to blend in much better with the rest of the car.
Now I'm wondering how I can swop your slim seats for mine.....
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Lovely car - and after all the hassle you have had fingers crossed this one makes up for it. What is different about the seats? More comfortable? Just interested to know how they are better (lots of people say they are!)

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Congrats and I really like the alloys, clean design and easy to clean the inside too, its nice to see silver alloys these days ... enjoy the bedding in roadtrip ... rgds Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
gsxrm3

Post by gsxrm3 »

Great looking car, hope you have an enjoyable ownership and your previous experience is soon forgotten.
V6S coupe in white, carbon bladed wheels, performance seats finished in red nappa, sports design pack, flat bottom steering wheel, powered tailgate, reverse camera, meridian upgrade.
Gillie

Post by Gillie »

Love the colour combination it really goes and a real head turner and I'm sure all your recent problems are well behind you so enjoy and hope to see it at another meet in the future. Cheers
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

The colour really comes to life when the sun is on it. New seats look impressive too. It would be good to hear your feedback after your run on Monday.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post