Firesand F-type R respecced and spring cleaned

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Finally spring and I can drive my F-Type!

Bought it in January when it looked like the "before photo" below. I soon realized I couldn't leave it like that, so I retrofitted black pack, changed back to original suspension and put on carbon blade wheels - as well as gave it a clean up. Pretty happy with the results.

EDIT: I don't know what is happening here - I can't control my attachments. Trying to re-post images below.
Last edited by Jlsthlm on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Looks great.
What suspension was on it?
IRR V8R
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

I don't know to be honest. It's still at my Jaguar dealer, I have yet to pick it up. For me it was more about the visuals - I don't like the wheels digging into the wheel arches like it did before. Looks more symmetrical with the original suspension in my opinion.

EDIT: Reposted images below.

IMG_9419.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG

IMG_9415.JPG

before.jpg

Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Would be interesting to know if it was just springs and what make.
I’d like mine a little lower than stock but not as low as yours.
IRR V8R
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

It was just springs, that much I know. :)
Arne

Post by Arne »

First start up and drive today after more than 5 months of winter hibernation.

The car was placed in the (not heated) garage late october last year. Winter preparation was clean and dry car, new engine oil, increased tire pressure (50 pounds), full tank, indoor car cover and a sock full of dry rice inside cabin (to soak up moisture).

I have charged the battery once every 6-8 weeks (last time was 4 weeks ago). I have not been into the car (not opened any doors except for the rear hatch when connecting the battery charger), windows have been closed.

The winter has been unusually long and hard. Temperaturs have mostly been below zero celsius, and often below - 10 to - 15 celsius for extended periodes.

Today it was + 4 celsius, and there is still snow on the side of the roads. The roads are clear of snow but with lots of gritts and stone pebbles, but I could not wait any longer to start it up and drive for a short trip to see if everything worked well.

Removed the cover and it looked great. No humidity inside the cabin, no bad smell, doors, windows, mirrors and steering wheel moved easilly without any hesitation or "strange" sounds.

Pushed the start button and the engine started without any hesitation. The exaust walve closed after initial startup (also without any "strange" sounds), engine sounded good. Put it into reverse and backed out of the garage. Brakes did not "hang" (it was parked on level surface without engaging the el. park brake). Let out the extra air pressure from the tires, and drove off.

No flat spots could be felt from the tires. The first gearshifts were maybe a bit more "harsh" than I could remember, but everything felt normal after a few shifts.

It felt SO good to drive the car after the long winter, but I only drove a few miles due to the bad conditions of the roads. The traction was lousy due to pebbles, dirt and cold weather, so the rear tires broke loose everytime I gave some gas. I know you all knows it, but this car has some serious low end grunts.

I checked the oil level after the trip, and it was spot on at the full level mark (as it was when I put it away for winter). I also checked the garage floor when the car was out, and no signs of any leaks from engine or differential.

So to sum it up, the F-type seems to have taken the long hibernation very well, but the roads needs to be cleaned and the weather warmer, before I can start to really appreciate some good drives. Hopefully that won't be too long, and both the car and I are very ready for it :)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Carrera

Post by Carrera »

Looks really great with the original suspension, carbon wheels and black pack. Ready to go !
MY 2019 Coupe 2.0 Ltr Silicon Silver
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Arne, great to hear that your Jag is ready for the season! Also great tips for my next seasonal hibernation! :)

Here they've started sweeping the streets a couple of days back. The time plan for my municipality is to get the sweeping all done by May 15th, so still a month away until it is perfectly safe. Some roads - and the highway - are already gravel free, so careful driving is possible.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Your Jag looks more than ready for spring to come Jonas. The mods you have done is spot on!

Not seen any real plans for when they will start sweeping the roads here, but I know they will be done by 17. May. Just waiting to see them start anytime now. Have fun and be carefull with reduced traction for some more time yet ;)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Jlsthlm wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:11 am
Here they've started sweeping the streets a couple of days back. The time plan for my municipality is to get the sweeping all done by May 15th, so still a month away until it is perfectly safe. Some roads - and the highway - are already gravel free, so careful driving is possible.
This made me smile ... you’re very clearly not UK as the thought of local councils sweeping roads is laughable ... at present their biggest issue is how to fill in over 500,000 potholes that have appeared due to poor road surfaces before the recent heavy (for UK) snow and ice conditions .... every journey is a lottery and you consider yourself lucky to get home with four round wheels!!

Sweeping the roads to clear the gravel .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back on topic ... the makeover and return to OEM looks spot on .... Firesand just works so well with the black pack ..
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post