Tuscan Tour

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Just back from 2 weeks in Tuscany - taking in England, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy.

I was a little apprehensive, but the pussycat never missed a beat - 2635 mile round trip at average of 52mph and 29.2 mpg - I'll take that.

Got lots of appreciative looks and thumbs up in various languages :D

Hung all our shirts / dresses behind the seats on separate hangers and in a couple of garment bags in case we got caught in a shower and to keep the dust off - worked very well, just pull out, hang up, job done! Decent size squarish bag in the well for all the shoes, then toilet bags etc. pushed to the back, rucksack to one side, 2 large soft bags near the front and then a decent size full width slot behind the main bags for such other essentials as wine, etc. - so with a bit of careful planning we never felt short on space.

And coming from an XE I have to say the pre-ICT version of satnav in the F-Type just works! - and that includes TMC. So glad I got a European map update as one of the extras thrown in to clinch the sale. Set about 8 destinations as favourites, including a stop at Reims coming home, and all went smoothly.

We seem to have timed it well - Swiss passes open, lucky with some lovely weather in mid 20's, and early enough not to be many tourists around.

P1000574 (Small).JPG

IMG_3107 (Small).JPG

P1000501 (Small).JPG

IMG_3332 (Small).JPG

P1000614 (Small).JPG

Apologies for the photo orientations - I'm sure a mod will be along to sort it out before too long - seeing as they are so helpful and this is such a great forum :)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

wow lunar .... inspiration to us all to make these trips
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Lovely. Tuscany is such a pretty place. We went in ours around Italy in 2016. Spain last year and Germany this year - it's a great trip car.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Lunar wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:09 pm Apologies for the photo orientations - I'm sure a mod will be along to sort it out before too long - seeing as they are so helpful and this is such a great forum :)
Crawler !
:lol:
Well, I've had a go but it really doesn't seem to like portrait format at the moment and still flips them when I try and load them.
Funny as I managed it previously.
I'll have another look.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

:D
Don't spend much time trying Phil - appreciate the effort.
...after all it's good to flex your neck occasionally when sat at a keyboard.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Lunar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 pm :D
Don't spend much time trying Phil - appreciate the effort.
...after all it's good to flex your neck occasionally when sat at a keyboard.
:lol:
Thanks, I've been busy with a blast from the past on here ("car") who decided to grace the XE forums with his fantasy garage and dodgy pictures.
:mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post