GT tour through the alpes

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

This summer I had the vacation of my life. For a week I went driving in the Swiss, Italian and Austrian alps with my F-Type and a friend's rented AMG GTC. Completely amazing experience - I extremely strongly encourage anyone owning an F-Type to do a similar GT tour.

Especially the climb up the Stelvio pass... which by some reason was pretty much empty. Nothing short of amazing!

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_9968.JPG

IMG_20180709_133053.jpg

IMG_9858.JPG

scm

Post by scm »

Nice! The Brits can certainly teach the Germans how to design beautiful cars. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Indeed! But as a technical driving machine the AMG GTC was completely outstanding. I really didn't expect the difference to be that noticable, but *wow* AMG has done a terrific job there.

However, it didn't look nor sound anywhere close to the F-Type so in the end I think the other guys were more jealous of my ride than the other way around. :D
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I planned a 3 weeks trip from the east of Austria to the west of Picos de Europa driving through around 80 mountain passes, with my son next summer. We probably take turns driving, but it might turn out he'll do most of it. Most difficult is to chain all nice passes in a series as some are parallel or north/south. Probably we'll have to make base and drive through the passes in a range around it in a few days. I will defenitely leave out the ones with gravel as I'm not keen on chipping my paintwork... ..or window.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Took me a while to see that you are from Sweden (the plates). I am from Gothenburg.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 pm I planned a 3 weeks trip from the east of Austria to the west of Picos de Europa driving through around 80 mountain passes, with my son next summer. We probably take turns driving, but it might turn out he'll do most of it. Most difficult is to chain all nice passes in a series as some are parallel or north/south. Probably we'll have to make base and drive through the passes in a range around it in a few days. I will defenitely leave out the ones with gravel as I'm not keen on chipping my paintwork... ..or window.
That will be fantastic! 3 weeks?! Wow, I am really jealous. I hope you get nice weather since that makes quite a big difference to the overall experience, but if you're gone for that long chances are that at least half the time will be in the sun. :)
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

vika01 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:47 pm Took me a while to see that you are from Sweden (the plates). I am from Gothenburg.
That's cool! What are you driving?
scm

Post by scm »

Jlsthlm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm What are you driving?
It's really helpful to put your car details in your signature, then if you ask for help or information you don't have to explain what you're driving every time. And it adds context to all your posts, too! You know it makes sense ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Jlsthlm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm.. but if you're gone for that long chances are that at least half the time will be in the sun. :)..
I hope to be even more lucky, and only start booking the places to stay once we have favorable forecast for the first 12 days ; in Spain its mostly fine from june onwards. Worsed case scenario ; we invert the trip and start in Spain :lol:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

scm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:47 pm
Jlsthlm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 pm What are you driving?
It's really helpful to put your car details in your signature, then if you ask for help or information you don't have to explain what you're driving every time. And it adds context to all your posts, too! You know it makes sense ;)
You have a point sir. Done! :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post