F-Type on the track... and off track

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Well, with no track insurance that was stupid money. But hey, you live, you learn. :D

The first picture with my friend's (modified) Corvette C6 LS7, at the start of the day.

IMG_20180923_075751.jpg

IMGL2296 (3).jpg

IMGL2373 (2).jpg

ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Looks like you survived the lawn mowing? New trousers non withstanding ;) Jess
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Hehe yeah, and I didn't break anything super expensive, so under the circumstances I got out relatively unscathed. :)
Last edited by Jlsthlm on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Worth it just for the second picture, I bit that's your new screen saver!
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Arne

Post by Arne »

Some great pics - thanks for sharing!
Looks like great fun, except for that last picture ;)

Care to share with us what went wrong? (oversteer, too late brakeing, too high cornering speed, a combination of some of the above or something else?)

And which track is it?

And how was the rwd F-type R on the track?

Thanks again!
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

Arne wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:18 pm Some great pics - thanks for sharing!
Looks like great fun, except for that last picture ;)

Care to share with us what went wrong? (oversteer, too late brakeing, too high cornering speed, a combination of some of the above or something else?)

And which track is it?

And how was the rwd F-type R on the track?

Thanks again!
Well too high cornering speed which made the car understeer… and then lack of experience from my side in how to counter that. Lost control over the car on the curbs, countered with too much throttle and went off track on the opposite side.

It's Mantorp Park, outside Linköping in Sweden. I've been there twice now for track days. Great fun!

And well, I wouldn't say that the F-Type is the ultimate track tool if you're looking to beat the track lap time record. But - it's a lot of fun and a decent sports car - you will be among the fastest on a track day, just not THE fastest. It's really tail happy though, so you need to be careful with the throttle in the corners. And I do believe good tires makes a big difference - I shaved 6 seconds off my lap time going from P Zeros to MPS4S, so a set of semi-slicks (like Cup 2's or the like) would probably make a tangible difference.
Jlsthlm

Post by Jlsthlm »

scharlton wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 am Worth it just for the second picture, I bit that's your new screen saver!
I've actually framed it. :D The plan is to put it up on the wall in my garage once the currently on-going garage refurbishment is done. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post