Any pictures of Loire/Portofino Blue?

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Hi all

I’ve ordered my F-Type for March. I’ve gone for an R-Dynamic P340 in Porofino blue but the colour had only just been released so I don’t really know how the it will look but I do know it’s pretty close to the Loire blue, just a little deeper.

Does anyone have any pictures of their Loire blue F-Type. Part of me wanted the Caldera red but I think it’s a bit too out there for me... Seen lots of the red but not much of the blue. Any pictures of a Loire blue in the real world would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
MY20 F-Type P340

scm

Post by scm »

Blue is the best colour for a car (I know I've got white, but ...) even though red is a faster colour. I bet March seems a very long way away. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Blueone wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:41 pm ..Porofino blue .. .. Any pictures of a Loire ..
@Blueone.
Welcome to the 'bleuzone'.. :mrgreen: ... [ I hope this doesn't have an obscene consonance..] .

I made the mistake of ordering my 'Ultra Bleu' FT from the configurator ; so now I'm not happy when its sunny; colour is pale then..

What makes you think that Portofino [ place in Italy on the Amalfi coast, very pitoresque ] is near Loire Bleu ; the name hints
at a colour between green and blue.. so between Loire and BRG..

PS. Do not go there ; streets are so narrow you'll scratch both rear fenders the same time.. :?

portofino-dal-tetto-del-castello-brown.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
OAP123

Post by OAP123 »

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2637&hilit=first+impressions

For what it's worth, there is a photo of my loire blue soft top at the end of the 'first impressions' thread (link should be above) - in real life the colour appearance depends very much on how sunlight hits the car and the curve of the panel being looked at - but close up in sunlight the metallic finish gives it a sort of lustre or sparkle that seems to sit under the main color - difficult to describe.

There are some good threads worth reading on paint detailing and protection, especially for a new car; but when driving the car, which is what it's all about, the colour doesn't affect the ride, handling or the sound of a very special experience................. Enjoy!
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

Thanks for all the responses. Having looked at OAP123's car and having seen a few other examples, I think I've convinced myself to stick with the Portofino Blue rather than switching to the red or anything else. Going to finalise my order this weekend and then the long wait for March officially begins!
MY20 F-Type P340
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Well done ! Hope you can endure the wait and think in the mean time about all the mods you want to do.. ..or not.. ;)
Ricardo99

Post by Ricardo99 »

Hi there,
Yes ive ordered the same colour, eta July 2019.

Im assuming its not the marine bright blue but a darker metalic blue like the attached pic.

[http://ag-spots-2016.o.auroraobjects.eu ... 5239_1.jpg]
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Ricardo99,

So you ordered the Portofino blue ? I am really interested how that looks in daylight. The loire blue was just a bit to 'black' under
darker light conditions. And I am quirious if it also has the tendancy to change in look in shade or sun. My ultra blue is best in shade,
in the sun it becomes bland.
Ricardo99

Post by Ricardo99 »

Hi Dan,

Yes i think your right and it will change suaded dependent on light strenght. Possibly a midnight blue in the shade and more aqua marine in strong direct sunlight.

Looking forward to finding out.

Strait from the dealership to Detailers to get PPF over the paintwork for my baby.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

What I mean to say with the effect of the light.. .. how would Portofino look like in this 'brushing' light..

.. the light and shadow playing with the rear fenders..
.. all the shades of blue this car displays in varying light intensities..

detail.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post