V8S in Palo Alto, California

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
pds

Post by pds »

After ordering it in mid-Feb (see here), I finally took delivery of my V8S yesterday morning. I would have written sooner but I spent a lot of the day driving though the Santa Cruz mountains, near my home Smile. Like all of us, I spent so long checking out everything online, by the time the car arrived, I was worried I'd be disappointed. I wasn't! It is, as Bill and Ted would say, "Most excellent!".

I thought I'd share a couple of pictures, as is now traditional....

This is the sight that greeted me at the dealership - San Jose British Motors. They did an excellent job. Yes I got the Gyrodynes. I ordered them as $3,300 (incl tax) spares after Jaguar refused to provide them as an option (mumble, mumble). I much prefer them to the Cyclones, which are still nice, but IMHO the Gyrodynes look fantastic. Anyway, I have 4 Cyclones with about 10 miles on them to sell on eBay - LOL

I picked up the car at about noon, and about 15 miles from work. I then did the scenic route (~60 miles) back to the office, via a beautiful stretch of road, Skyline Boulevard, which runs along the top (as the name implies) of the Santa Cruz Mountains. In some spots you can see the Pacific Ocean. In others the San Francisco Bay, and in others both! One of my favorite drives. Mind you, you have to take care not to hit deer or bicyclists. But a wonderful drive. Below are some views of the Bay Area (from Skyline looking toward Palo Alto and Mountain View), with a random car in the way Wink

Opposites...
Brand spanking new gas guzzling monster and a Nissan Leaf.
I look forward to seeing a Jaguar hybrid or fully electric sports car at some point. Hopefully not too long!
In the meantime I'll enjoy the wonderful loud button. Did anyone mention distant artillery.
If any of you are in the Bay Area - look me up!

OneJag

Post by OneJag »

Stunning! Lovely colour combination and you are right about the wheels, looks great.
Congratulations!
Don't dream it, drive it!
pds

Post by pds »

Thx @OneJag. It turned out rather well. :o) There are great combinations for most tastes.
The one thing I prefer on the V6 is the twin exhausts in the centre, which I think look perfect.
But I'm not going to complain. I'm just lucky to have one.
I may have missed the thread, but what combination did you get? Pics?
Cheers
Paul

Selborne

Post by Selborne »

Hi Paul,
I agree with OneJag, really nice colour, wheel and interior combination, the pictures are great, jealous of the location, probably the best place in the world to own an F Type drop top !

Enjoy !

Best Regards
Jamie
pds

Post by pds »

Hey Jamie,
Thx. The more I look at it, the happier I am with my choices. Not better than any others, just right for me.
I have yet to figure out whether to get the exterior detailed, as per your lovely machine. Also thinking about whether to wrap or not.
Location is wonderful. A couple of years ago I was splitting my time between US and UK. The two things that pulled me back here were the weather and the critical mass of ideas (and the people with them) in Silicon Valley.
Anyway location is really good. I wonder if anyone offers rentals of F-Types for those who like to holiday, yet get to use their normal vehicles. Harley riders get to do it. I'd love to drive an F-Type when visiting the UK. And I'd love to go on F-Type runs with visitors to the Bay Area from this forum. It would be a blast, as they say here.
When I moved here and got my first rag top, an S2000 (excellent car), on principle I drove with the top down all the time, unless it was raining *and* I couldn't stay above about 35 mph. 35 or more, the rain was effectively deflected by the windscreen ;o) I plan to do the same in the F.
Cheers
Paul
Tel

Post by Tel »

I'm British Racing Green with envy Wink

Smart choice of colours and a wonderful location. I have just changed my interior colour from the full Ivory and Cirrus carpets to full Red...I hope I made the right choice! It certainly brightens the cabin up beautifully.

We will have summer here in the UK soon enough...it will be on a Wednesday as it usually is, in about a months time!

If you could bring the four pipes close together in the middle, that would look sweet!

I work out in the Gulf and South America now and then, be a nice drive over to Cali!

Enjoy...Tel
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
pds

Post by pds »

Hi Tel,
Looking forward to seeing your combination!
Four pipes in the center reminds me a bit of the Corvette. Interesting...
Cheers
Paul
moflyrod

Post by moflyrod »

good looking car and wheels. I just sold my S2000 for more than it cost me and upgraded to the V8 in Firesand Metallic and the cyclone wheels. Loved the S, but really loving the F type. Curious about what the cost of wrap the car should be, I know what the dealer is asking
pds

Post by pds »

@moflyrod - I had an '03 S2000 before it got stolen. Wonderful machine. Great manual gearbox. I miss the insane revs and the power band. ;) The V8S isn't quite as lithe. But the F-Type growls rather than howls. LOL