The Firth of Forth Visit

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Selborne

Post by Selborne »

Hi guys, Had a nice trip to Scotland this last week, 1100 miles in 5 days Suffolk to Aviemore and Back. Some wonderful scenery, lovely people and a great car !! A couple of Pictures from the stop to see the Firth of Forth Rail bridge.

Geminii

Post by Geminii »

A great shot of two pieces of excellent engineering Jamie.

Dave

Geminii2014-07-07 16:59:10
Jagman14

Post by Jagman14 »

Looks fantastic!

You get all the mozzies off ok? Lol

Selborne

Post by Selborne »

Hi Jagman,
Interestingly the car had almost 700 miles over three days on it, when I took these pictures, through at least 4 rain storms as well. I use Zaino Polishes, which are just incredible, nothing sticks, A definite recommendation !!
Best Regards

Jamie
Tel

Post by Tel »

Jamie...how did she behave? (The car!)

Greta pictures, wonder what camera you are using? (My other half has just started camera classes and is interested to know...)

10 sleeps to go!!!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Selborne

Post by Selborne »

10 sleeps to go !! Tongue I like it !

The camera was a Canon 6D with a 24-105mm L series F4.0 lens, fitted with a polarising filter.

With regard to the car, and the trip, when you are on B roads there is no better place to be, fabulous, motorways is a slightly different story, still great but the road noise from the 295 rear tyres gets a little much after a while, especially if you are driving on the old concrete roads Cry after 400 miles you have had enough. The seats surprised me, as I was expecting the premium sports seats to give a num bum, but this was not the case stayed comfortable all the way. Having the 30 mph roof up/down function was great as Scotland was warm and sunny with occasional showers, so we did not have to stop when the weather changed, very good !!

All in all I was very happy, however the perfect option would have been to use my wife's Range Rover to get up and back from Scotland and the F Type in Scotland !!

The one thing I was really impressed with was the Zaino polishes I have been using, 1100 mile trip and the car still looked clean, even after many extended rain showers, as you can see from the pictures taken after 700 miles very clean, and we had driven through a full day of rain on the way up.

The biggest headache as always is finding some where safe to park, no chance I will ever park in the public car parks, you either get 'doored' or envy scratched, so the trip was based around hotels which had safe parking agreed before our arrival, turned out just right !

best Regards

Jamie

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post