Main Dealer Paint Damage

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

Part of the damage to my baby, after a warranty trip to the Dealership. No apology and total indifference. “Thank you Grange Brentwood”Image
Last edited by RagtopRoadster on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

TopCat

Post by TopCat »

That’s concerning, did they say how it was caused?

I assume they will be correcting it.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

They didn’t seem to care. The manager said he would check with the workshop to see what had happened and would call me back on Monday (I collected the car on Saturday)
HE DIDN’T, I had to chase him and his reply was “oh, haven’t the workshop contacted you? This was followed by a workshop receptionist? calling later on that day saying “I’ve got to book your car in for some repairs” No discussion, details and certainly NO APOLOGY! This so called “after sales service” is nothing short of disgraceful. I am very concerned as to how and where the repairs will be carried out and indeed if any better care would be taken of my car whilst it is in there again. The paint on the car is special order Silicon Silver with a very heavy but very fine content of metallic particles. I’m extremely concerned about the correct match. I’ll let you know how I get on, it’s supposed to be going in next Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I feel your pain - had the same situation when my car was recovered for a burst coolant pipe under the supercharger and they had to take the bonnet off.

It was re-fitted so badly that when you opened the passenger door it flicked the bonnet sideways and chipped the paint off.

...and all they really needed to do was to align it to the original washer marks!

Mine is also special order, Lunar Grey Metallic, and I was concerned that it would be almost impossible to match when painting the bonnet edge, but no, it came back amazingly well done.

The body shop had left a hanger on the mirror to check seat and mirror adjustments, so I know where I will go now when I want the speckles on the nose cone or sill re-finished.

As frustrating as it certainly is, I find it best to be firm, but fair in your stance, clearly stating what you expect, and give people a chance to sort it, rather than venting your frustration.

Hope it comes back flawless - good luck.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words Lunar. I readily accept that accidents do happen and mistakes are often made. It’s a fact of our daily lives but as far as I’m concerned, it’s how they are rectified that is really important and I am deeply disturbed by my treatment so far.
It is a year old car, which I bought new from Grange, I have loved and cherished it, now it has multiple scratches and deep chips on/in it. I have had no explanation or, worst of all, any form of apology. A simple “sorry” would have gone a long way to placate me.

TopCat

Post by TopCat »

The paint is supplied ready mixed with the correct metallic particle content so I’d expect the match to be 100%.

Hoping - and expecting - that you get it back and not able to see where the damage was.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

Well, she went in for the paint repairs yesterday and I must say, so far I’m back to being impressed with the service from Grange Motors. Attentive service manager, who checked and double checked that he knew where every mark was, the customary loan car, but this time with fuel. Although sadly, they did “politely” refuse my (young in cheek)request for an SVR or Project 7 F Type (I wasn’t too surprised) The XE AWD they loaned me drives beautifully but is not my baby.
I’ll post an update after I pick her up.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Sounds hopeful.

Fingers crossed that you get a happy ending :D
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

Took her in on Monday, it’s now Thursday (almost) still not back, am I worried?
HELL YEAH.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

To be honest I wouldn't worry at that sort of timescale - these things are best not rushed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post