Falling more and more for this car..

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

PhilB wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:09 am What? With your parking?
:lol:
In my defence my parking isn't great but that is the delivery driver who parked it like that! Honest.
:lol: :lol:
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

simpleR wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 am Fantastic looking car Chris. The more I see red the more I like it.

I adore my 400 coupe. Could be a keeper....... It's currently a little broken though :roll: and they gave me a P380 convertible for the week or two.

I've never had a convertible before but the noise is even more addictable!! I think I might want one.
(It is also white and I was 50/50 black or white which isn't helping.). Help me!! Aaarrgghhh.
Thank you! The colour grows on me every time I see it, couldn't have decided on a better one in my opinion!

A 24 hour test drive in a 400 Coupé is solely responsible for my F Type addiction.. What's up with yours? Glad they gave you a suitable replacement! 100% agree on the convertible, the noise is just unbelievable with the roof down, so much so that after my first F Type which was a coupé, I was adamant never to have one again! Life's too short to have the amazing soundtrack we have with our cars at only 50% volume ;)
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Chrissyg wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:40 pm What's up with yours? Glad they gave you a suitable replacement!
Nothing major I hope. Seperate issues cropped up all at once, exhaust, wheel, suspension and noises. I've not posted about it because it's a long story, been really busy and the dealer has been great in acknowledging and understanding the issue, investigating and pulling out all the stops to sort it which included them giving me their P380 until fixed. These things shouldn't happen but if you've got a good dealer with a good service department and manager (and still in warranty!) then at least it will get sorted as all I want is my car back to 100%.

And yes I will be extending the Jaguar warranty when the 3yrs is up in May! (If I don't end up with a convertible).
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

simpleR wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:33 pm
Chrissyg wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:40 pm What's up with yours? Glad they gave you a suitable replacement!
Nothing major I hope. Seperate issues cropped up all at once, exhaust, wheel, suspension and noises. I've not posted about it because it's a long story, been really busy and the dealer has been great in acknowledging and understanding the issue, investigating and pulling out all the stops to sort it which included them giving me their P380 until fixed. These things shouldn't happen but if you've got a good dealer with a good service department and manager (and still in warranty!) then at least it will get sorted as all I want is my car back to 100%.

And yes I will be extending the Jaguar warranty when the 3yrs is up in May! (If I don't end up with a convertible).
Glad they're pulling out all the stops, as any good dealership should do! Plus, having a convertible P380 in the summer is hardly a chore is it :lol:

Fingers crossed you get yours back soon, and can swap it for a drop top - they really are the way forwards :D
200tdi Defender 90
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

A courtesy 380 convertible is a nice touch by the dealer, hope the issues with yours get sorted ASAP

In the meantime, enjoy a little more sound, hopefully you get a few chances to put the roof down, and pile some miles onto an Ftype that’s not your own ;)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

If the rain/snow isn’t coming down faster than you’re moving along then the roof should be down 8-)
Note that temperature doesn’t come into the equation :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

dbv6s wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:26 am A courtesy 380 convertible is a nice touch by the dealer, hope the issues with yours get sorted ASAP

In the meantime, enjoy a little more sound, hopefully you get a few chances to put the roof down, and pile some miles onto an Ftype that’s not your own ;)
It's a really nice touch! When my V6S was in for months, I got a 2l for a weekend, once...
Lunar wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:46 am If the rain/snow isn’t coming down faster than you’re moving along then the roof should be down 8-)
Note that temperature doesn’t come into the equation :D
Absolutely - that's the law isn't it? I'm yet to drive my V8 with the roof up!! :lol:
200tdi Defender 90
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Well it's back and fixed already (with a full tank - nice). So bye bye convertible. And thank you dealer for sorting - as dealers only get a bashing when things go wrong I will name Derby Inchcape as being fantastic at resolving issues quickly, clearly and going that extra mile to make sure you are satisfied and happy.

However after a lovely drive home, the long way round, I'm keeping the 400. It's an awesome car. No convertible for me.
basher

Post by basher »

simpleR wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:08 pm Well it's back and fixed already (with a full tank - nice). So bye bye convertible. And thank you dealer for sorting - as dealers only get a bashing when things go wrong I will name Derby Inchcape as being fantastic at resolving issues quickly, clearly and going that extra mile to make sure you are satisfied and happy.

However after a lovely drive home, the long way round, I'm keeping the 400. It's an awesome car. No convertible for me.
Congrats!! You deserve a good outcome, especially as you're so helpful on here.

And good decision to keep the 400. It is indeed awesome. 😁👍
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Glad it got sorted quickly. Out of curiosity, did you personally notice a big difference between coupe and convertible?

Isn’t the figure something like the coupe is 80% more rigid than the convertible?

Obviously I’m assuming more noise in the convertible

More practical boot on coupe

Anything else?