You're probably fed up but ...

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Thanks for comments! Some responses:

Lunar - well, parked it further up the drive this afternoon and the wife told me off; she couldn't see it from the living room.

NJC - hope you're right, but apparently there is more chance of snow at Easter than Christmas ..

scharlton - tread plates are illuminated, so might affect the colour

GusA - thinking about your wait! Don't know about the tyres; will change to Michelin Sport in the future.

ZX4 - yes, we much prefer a lighter interior. Of course you have to be a bit more careful not to mark it. And it's called "oyster". I expect some environmental nerd noted that you shouldn't use ivory ..

Dan_Veluwe - yes, Portofino blue. Apart from a very short drive in a demo car back in December, we'd not seen much of any F Type, so unable to be sure about what are the differences. I think Jaguar say there are many 'under the skin' improvements. But, the most noticeable externally are the headlights, though also the repositioning of the bonnet vents, and internally the full digital driver display rather then the previous 2 analogue dials with centre display set up. For the infotainment centre, quite impressed with how you can personalise this, so what you see is our home screen with a nice clock showing, and selected shortcuts. You can create 4 such screens. As you may have read elsewhere, not so impressed with getting TA messages which you can't hear if the media is off.

chicb - on my cars, I usually like the locking wheel nut to be opposite the valve, so need to reposition these. Aligning the centre hub cap probably requires the wheel to come off (not too keen on trying to prise it out from the front!).

Now looking forward to a drive up to Gaydon next Sunday. This is actually to attend the Volvo Owners Club AGM which is held there; the meeting is exceptionally boring an uninteresting, but we get into the motor museum for free, and this year will spend much longer on the Jaguar floor. Then a few days in deepest darkest mid Wales - oh, the roads ...
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Must admit, love the colour, but not the wheels......is that just me?
Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Northnoble wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:52 pm Must admit, love the colour, but not the wheels......is that just me?
Wheels are a difficult detail . Best -like the body colour- is to go and see it in real daylight. For me the Ultra Blue was a setback as in reality it was more pale then I expected from the configurator. With the wheels I had a simular problem. Due to the low contrast I thought a certain model of wheels was diamond cut with black sides and almost closed. In reality it was the shadow that obscured the fact they were mere spokes...

Could not see on my monitor then that the diamond cut edges were mere spokes...

rims.jpg

I ordered this and I do like the wheels, but in reality the wheels above are far better..

ordered.jpg

And the colour in reality is pale...

izoard.jpg

Not as dark and glowing as it is in the shade ; what I expected from the configurator. That actally exists under the name Velocity Blue..
Below you can see my car in Ultra Blue as I wanted it to be, also in sunlight..

IMG-20180322-WA0005.jpg

The nw model with a new colour that looks - on the configurator :roll: - more like my desired colour. Bluefire Blue :

bluefire_blue.jpg

Config file : https://build.jaguar/33D4FDAB
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
ianp

Post by ianp »

Beautiful congratulations
F-TYPE P300 2019MY R-Dynamic, Santorini, 20" Diamonds, Climate, Park & Meridian Surround.
Pre: XE P250 2017MY R-Dynamic, Caesium.
Audio: Meridian 808v5, 861v4, DSP7.2k L/R, DSP5k C, DSP33 R & DSW 1500 Sub.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

GusA wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:15 pm Looks great Paul, did the P300 always come with Continental tyres or is this something new for all facelift cars?

Still one (long) week for me to pick up my ‘old’ new V6!
Late reply, but - 18" wheels all come with Conti's, 19 & 20's come with Pirelli. No idea why, but that's how they were developed!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Chrissyg wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:10 pm
GusA wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:15 pm Looks great Paul, did the P300 always come with Continental tyres or is this something new for all facelift cars?

Still one (long) week for me to pick up my ‘old’ new V6!
Late reply, but - 18" wheels all come with Conti's, 19 & 20's come with Pirelli. No idea why, but that's how they were developed!
Thanks, strange!

Got mine this week and it has P Zero still, was secretly hoping they were going to switch to Michelin’s given all the positive feedback on here about them, and Conti’s get good reviews too. (To be fair P zero’s also get good reviews, just not when worn in wet weather!)