V6S Coupe Stratus Grey with carbon ceramics

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
MaxD

Post by MaxD »

Picked her up on Wednesday, too wet to truly enjoy yet but 'rain/snow/ice' mode helped keep me out of over-enthusiastic right foot related trouble! Speaker buzz on passenger side which is annoying, will have to take to dealer once I can bear to part and can't work out how to use launch control...?

Jagalot

Post by Jagalot »

Very nice. I particularly like the yellow callipers.
familysimon

Post by familysimon »

Don't use launch control until you break her in! And
Congratulations! Love the color with the yellow calipers, very nice.
familysimon2015-02-01 16:37:05
F-Type V6S 2015 Rhodium Silver
X-Type 2006 Sportwagon
First Car: 1963 Mk.10
Selborne

Post by Selborne »

Looks fab !! remember take it easy for the first 2000 miles, my dealer recommended staying below 5000rpm !

Enjoy !
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Its a 14 plate so unless its been sitting on the dealer forecourt i reckon its probably run in.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Tel

Post by Tel »

For MaxD - Is your car brand new? I recognise the number plate from either the telly or youtube or another forum I'm sure?

Lovely looking, the colour really works well as others have noted with the yellow callipers.

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
MaxD

Post by MaxD »

Hi Tel, it's an ex Jaguar car, really intrigued to know where you might have seen it, slightly nervous too... I did my research to ensure it wasn't used as a tester at Milbrook or any track days! I did the day at Milbrook so know how the cars get abused! It was serviced before I picked it up and was an absolute steal. It has every extra on the list and as a result would have been nearly £90k new, safe to say I didn't pay anywhere near that. Best thing about the carbon ceramics so far is that there is no brake dust and the wheels are easy to keep clean. Haven't pushed it hard enough yet to notice any difference after prolonged heavy braking. Evo did an interesting comparison using 2 F Types with and without CCM's in the Jan edition if anyone is interested...
Tel

Post by Tel »

MaxD - I'm intrigued as well! I recognise plates anywhere, and I'm sure that I have seen it recently on the internet.
I have been checking out the usual suspects like YouTube, but have had no luck yet.
One thing that keeps coming to my mind was something similar to an Evo finalé or something along those lines, shot up in Scotland. (The test car was OY14 HJA, so I know it's not that edition).

I'll keep plugging away until I either find it or have to admit defeat!

Must admit, I did do Millbrook, but that was a bit of a blur (I was dribbling and thoroughly absorbed by what looked to be a new Aston almost Disco Volanté look concept car that was being trialled), and without any photographic evidence allowed, I couldn't tell you either way.

Got to admit, the CC's are great. A bit too pricey for me, and that's why I left them off the V8S, and they won't be appearing on the V8R when it arrives. The amount of dust that comes off the steels is quite heavy, especially at 'bed in' when the disks have greater surface area due to the machining rings...it all dies down around the 1200 mile mark though.
I believe that CC's do dust if you give them a hard time, but judging on the colour of Carbon Ceramic and the colour of your wheel, you would hardly notice it.

I remember looking over a 2009 C4S with CCM's, not a drop of crud on the inner wheels, even after 32K miles, they looked like new.

According to the guys that have driven the F-Types, day in and day out at Millbrook, you won't notice any difference in the CC's over the steels (other than the pleasant lack of dust) unless you are demanding close to maximum breaking from serious speeds for prolonged periods.

I'll check out the Evo review in due course, however my time is taken up getting up to speed on the new EPAS fitted to the F-Types that are coming out this year.

P.S Don't worry Max, I'm sure Chris Harris et al hasn't ragged your car round Nuremburg for the weekend LOL

Tel2015-02-08 22:00:19
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's