Refurbed wheels & Calipers - wow

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

Picked up the car from https://www.danmerrinwheels.co.uk/ yesterday, he's had it for 5 days. What a professional, kept me updated daily and sent loads of progress photos. I cannot believe the finish, the calipers are immaculate and hand sanded smooth. I can't believe the state of the rears that Jag allow on them in the first place.

nice.jpg

The original wheels were faded and wouldnt shine up, the nuts were ugly, and the red calipers I have never liked:

old1.jpg

He's fully stripped the wheels and put his amazing Gloss Black finish on, I've had the calipers done in Firesand Orange same as the bodywork, but with a black Jaguar stencil on all 4, wheel nuts blasted and finished satin black. Hubs freshley redone black too. Wheel caps I found off ebay!

new front wheek.jpg

Debadged some elements on the back - I may have those back on once black though.... The cat and S badge at the back are also black now and I love it! He's going to put some decent hi res photos on his instagram account later hopefully.

debadge.jpg

new rear wheel.jpg

Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

Whats your thoughts on putting the black F Type and Jaguar lettering back on then?? I am leaning toward having it on !
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Ots1 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:21 am Whats your thoughts on putting the black F Type and Jaguar lettering back on then?? I am leaning toward having it on !
Your car looks great and an impressive job on the wheels and callipers. I was going to leave mine with just the leaper in black but it looked a bit too asymmetric to me so I put the jaguar lettering on as well which I’m happy with. Left the other badges off. It’s all personal taste though isn’t it?

DA28BDDE-D5C2-4887-89BC-951F75DA5B85.jpeg

gasgas

Post by gasgas »

nice job
Deleted User 3271

Post by Deleted User 3271 »

Looking good well impressed ....
Ots1

Post by Ots1 »

GusA wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:37 pm
Ots1 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:21 am Whats your thoughts on putting the black F Type and Jaguar lettering back on then?? I am leaning toward having it on !
Your car looks great and an impressive job on the wheels and callipers. I was going to leave mine with just the leaper in black but it looked a bit too asymmetric to me so I put the jaguar lettering on as well which I’m happy with. Left the other badges off. It’s all personal taste though isn’t it?

DA28BDDE-D5C2-4887-89BC-951F75DA5B85.jpeg
Thanks all,

That photo has nailed it for me. I've just contacted Dan and will defo have it done !
Deleted User 3271

Post by Deleted User 3271 »

Hopefully will get mine upgraded this year .. fingers crossed
Lutondave

Post by Lutondave »

Superb improvement to the wheels, but the orange calipers are amazing !!
V6 S convertible 2013 black with silver trim and silver cyclones
V8 AWD convertible 2016 glacier white, black trim, black bonnet vents, black badges and black cyclones
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Ots1 - love the caliper colour, looks fantastic. Like the way you added a photo of a dirty unwashed wheel/caliper combo and then the new, improved result, like the unkept, overweight person next to the fully toned gym model - are you in marketing :lol:
GusA - love the subtle union flag reflexion in your photo
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post