Ceramic coating one year on-P300 Chequered Flag Carpathian Grey

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

One year on since the Cat was detailed it's still looking good. The coating is Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light topped with EXO. Only treatment since is washing with Gtechniq W4 Citrus Snow Foam and then the two bucket job with Gtechniq G-Wash and the G6 Perfect Glass Cleaner to finish, all of which is pretty effortless. One trick I'm now using is to dry the car in almost one go with a number of large microfibre towels quickly laid over the horizontal panels. Stops premature drying in warm conditions and reduces the chance of swirls as the towels are just lifted off.

P300.jpg

Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

when you lay the microfibres over do you need to rub to dry or just leave them to soak up the water?
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

They absorb 95% of the water almost immediately. What little remains is picked up by straight strokes with a hand towel after removal. Generally by the time I’ve finishing laying the towels on the car the first ones are ready to pull off. I use the XL towels from the Wipeshop. https://www.thewipeshop.co.uk/index.php?cPath=25 All their products are excellent value.
BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail »

Looks beautiful. I've not tried that method of drying the car - usually I take mine for a 5 minute belt down the highway, you lose most of the water at 100kph, save around the back. Also a leaf blower works well to dry the car.
2016.5 V6s in IRR with lotsa wrap
VAP Quad exhaust, pulley and tune, 21 inch Vorsteiners
2019 Mustang V8 manual in subtle orange with tasteful stripes
Chrisjaglover

Post by Chrisjaglover »

Millwheel wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:45 pm They absorb 95% of the water almost immediately. What little remains is picked up by straight strokes with a hand towel after removal. Generally by the time I’ve finishing laying the towels on the car the first ones are ready to pull off. I use the XL towels from the Wipeshop. https://www.thewipeshop.co.uk/index.php?cPath=25 All their products are excellent value.
I very much like that idea had a look at the web sit is it Maxigleam Waffle Weave Microfibre Drying Towel XL 60x80cms you use (part no MC020 you use? If so how many do you need?
MY18 400 Sport convertible RWD Santorini black , loads of toys & noise
Stuno1

Post by Stuno1 »

I do the same to dry but will be buying a blower soon once I have researched them. It reduces micro scratches even more and gets water out of the wind mirrors and wheels.
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I've just bought a blower, I'll let you know how I get on with it - was mostly because it's frustrating trying to wash a car in anything approaching warmer weather, where the water starts drying off before you've had a chance to wipe it off.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I’ve been using a blower since Jan and it really helps, especially all the edges of lights, mirrors, wheel nuts, number plates and around all the linkages for the boot and the front grill/vents.
Jamesrust777

Post by Jamesrust777 »

Mine’s ceramic coated and I use a leaf blower to dry mine. It’s a light, cordless one - Dewalt DCV100D1. Takes about 5 mins to dry so can definitely recommend that blower.
2018MY F-Type R
Corris/Ammonite Grey
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Black Badged
Black SVR bonnet vents
Ceramic Coated with Titan coatings
Pilot Sport 4S tyres
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Alternatively give up drying altogether. Makes a real difference in hot weather

https://www.vyair.com/en/0817-high-pres ... -blue.html

Get the resin for hard water, as it does go off fairly quickly.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post