Take 2 : F-Type Grand Tour of alpine regions in Europe.

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

This is a second tour, two years later. We aim to drive through some passes closed in may and june 2019. due to the heaviest snowfall since eighty-years,
according to the Swiss weather bureau that keeps the records.

First tour (most videos removed) : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3525

This time we started from Albertville in the foothills of the French Alps. From there we entered into Italy over Sainte Denis pass. We head east through Italy after.

I intend to past a short video every (other) day . There should be about 8 videos each around 8 minutes.

If you want to watch them all in one go : set your alarm for ten days from now.. 8-)

There is no music in the background, only my son and I talking (Dutch), since the music leads to blocking the videos by youtube due to infringements.

I hope you enjoy watching it :
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Nice drive, shame about the bus for a while there at the start, at least the cyclists were helpful we don't get a lot of that in Australia they tend to just sit two abreast and block you.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Thanks ! The cyclist are used to Italian and French drivers, and completely at loss why we don't push on in corners blindly like those drivers do... :shock:

This clip is a tiny part of the recordings. It takes about one hour to drive this pass. But many scenes are trees or straight sections. People stop watching then,

so I left most out.

I know some older forum members will say : "..but you overtake blindly too.." , what we actually don't. We drive and pay attention together and we only overtake if we know

for sure the stretch we need and beyond is empty, while we also cater for the stretch that might be covered by oncoming traffic in the time/stretch we need to pass.

We only had one surprise with a car parked in a blind bend. Its not logical to stop there to take photos. No harm done, big brakes work wonders.. 8-)

For many car drivers, cyclist and motorbikes are a level of annoyance, acceptable as its understandable that everybody wants to enjoy these roads in their own way and means,

we have to share the space /roads in a fair and reasonable, - most important- safe way for all.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:29 am
There is no music in the background, only my son and I talking (Dutch), since the music leads to blocking the videos by youtube due to infringements.
I prefer it without an overlaid soundtrack. Listening to the engine and the blip of the shifts up and down the gearbox is the best music.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Some good roads there, looks great. All our plans for touring in Pyrenees and Alps last year (and this) scrapped sadly, although did manage a week in the Scottish Highlands earlier this month which was great - although no GoPro.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

mickjaguar wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:45 am I prefer it without an overlaid soundtrack. Listening to the engine and the blip of the shifts up and down the gearbox is the best music.
Sure, but the music was what we played in the car. Now when the roads look "clip material" we switch the music off.. :idea:
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

GusA wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am Some good roads there, looks great. All our plans for touring in Pyrenees and Alps last year (and this) scrapped sadly, although did manage a week in the Scottish Highlands earlier this month which was great - although no GoPro.
Last year my son could not go : exams and uni entry. After a month he decided uni wasn't his thing, switched to Technical college, now is in his element.

Additional advantage is : 3 months of summer break, plenty time to go for a tour. My wife gets sick from driving in the mountains. With her I can only go

straight on highways, and she complaints about the seats being too hard (other car is a D5..).

The filming is not a go-pro but a normal dashcam, make and type readable in the left bottom corner. This is a 2018 model, just HD.

We took the Go-Pro with it, but just couldn't be bothered to use it.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Nice, Dan, thanks. A reminder of what we've all been missing for a while.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I am ahead of scedule : early release of part two, same day. Driving in the valley only gives houses and cars..

Second part : Col de L'Iséran ..

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Nice roads and weather. Had similar experience in Scotland as lots of single track roads with passing places which drivers use to pull over and allow others to pass. Some of those road surfaces look quite uneven - did you scrape the bottom of the front splitter (the black plastic extension pieces) at all?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post