My 2017 R

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Hi Steve, the xkr was a great car , very comfortable on a long run and boy could it shift , 503 bhp as standard but had it tuned to 560bhp lol it was crazy at times ha ha don't know how I still have my licence ( never had a single point or bann ) and like the F type very eye catching got plenty comments from young and old . In my opinion the F type is a much better car , more driver focused and better looking , I am very happy with only 400bhp now , as I have said before you mostly only use this at junctions and roundabouts to get out quicker , not been on a long run with it yet so can't really vouch for them sports performance seats , but they are comfortable so far in the short journeys we have done , have drove a few performance cars , BMW M3 thought it was rubbish , an Aston vantage again rubbish but the quality in the cabin second to none , drove a Ferrari 308 great looking car but didn't like sitting very low , and performance the xkr was better than all 3 of them , I also drove a Audi R8 wow some machine performance was the best car I've driven but they are full of problems . , very happy with my wee Ftype every one comments on it

scm

Post by scm »

I agree with Beltup, the XKR is a more "leisurely" drive as it's more a GT car (and those two tiny rear seats are very handy storage spaces). The F-Type is more of a hooligan and is very sharp and modern - driver focused as said above.. I don't miss the battery placement of the XKR - it was in the depths of the boot right behind the seats and was a real back-strainer to replace! Oh, and the F-Type is a foot shorter!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

When the Ftype first came out i went to my local dealer to see one . i had previously seen one in a car park at the classic car show in Birmingham NEC but it was still getting tested had all the black and white wrapping stuff on it was parked 5 spaces away from my xk at that time and i didnt like the look of it , thought the back end was to fat lol . at the dealers i wanted to see inside the car and had trouble getting in and out so it put me off . it was the seat position i never thought to adjust it , a senior moment lol
scm

Post by scm »

I think the early models had rather "fatter" seats, so that might have hindered you a bit.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Yep, the cars before the MY18 facelift had fatter heavier seats. Shouldn't be any huge difference though... think I saw somewhere that the current performance seats added something like 5 cm of leg room compared to the old.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post