Finally here! IRR V6S

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
captainham

Post by captainham »

After a long 3 months, it's finally here!

Only the 1 pic for now, not had time for anything else but will post some more soon.

Just back from Paintshield in Peterborough after getting the front and sills covered (can't afford the full kit yet, spent all my pennies on the car!).

First impressions: everything I hoped it would be and more! Can't help grinning like a kid every time I give it even a bit of throttle.

I mostly had the exhaust open, but after a while I closed it, and whilst obviously not as loud, it still has a presence; less boomy of course, but a harder edged tone which, in its own different way, is as much a match for fully open mode, in my opinion.

I was only 90% elated after collecting yesterday; I think it was too much like a dream to actually believe it was mine.

Today, I've done no more than a 240-mile round trip involving the awesome M25/M1 combo, and yet even that humdrum drive helped me find the missing 10% elation; cruises along when it wants to, but shifts when required!

I've not even scratched the surface yet but it feels so planted, and the DSC feels bullet-proof (intentionally gave it some beans off a wet greasy roundabout, but it wasn't phased at all).

Negative points: Paintshield found 3 imperfections on the bonnet, as if grit was stuck under the paint. Not sure what is normal for a £70k car, but I was a bit disappointed in that.

Meridien stereo: for a massive £1700, underwhelming doesn't even cover it. Lots of rattle so some Dynamat will be needed, hopefully I can get some more clarity and less boom and rattle once I start tinkering with the settings.

InControl Apps: doesn't want to recognise my phone so this is a work in progress.

InControl Remote: very sluggish to respond and very flakey, but hopefully will settle down in time...

As far as Paintshield is concerned, I'm hugely impressed. Great group of guys, seems like a great product (the self-healing demo was impressive), and you honestly wouldn't know it was on unless you really went digging. A premium price, but now want to get rest of car done as soon as I can afford it!captainham2015-09-15 23:13:34
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT

Arne

Post by Arne »

Congrats - looks beautifull!
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Indeed !
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
NISHSO

Post by NISHSO »

well worth the wait - it looks amazing!
Regards
NISHSO
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Looks fabulous and the wheels really complement the colour - Great choice. For the Meridian system I found that turning down the sub volume made a whole lot of difference. The subs are pointed straight at the back of the seats and, on default settings, are way too boomy. Drop the sub level and up the treble and a decent sound can be had from the system, without the rattles!

Enjoy your new car it really does look fabulous.

Regards.

Scoobydoo
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
captainham

Post by captainham »

Thanks all.

Thanks Scooby for the suggestion. I did already get a bit of an improvement by doing as you suggested, but still not at the level I'd expect for the outlay.

I'll continue tweaking and hopefully at a sweet(er) spot!

A week in Cornwall beckons on Saturday, hopefully will go some way to running the engine in!
captainham

Post by captainham »

Here's one more, apologies for drip-feeding, too busy driving it down in Cornwall roads right now (and it needs a wash already!).

Spec:
Interior black pack
Exterior black pack (along with all-black leather, I do love the cave effect!)
Visibility pack (auto high beam is very effective on dark country roads, very impressed with how responsive it is)
Climate pack
Parking pack (essential!)
Blind spot monitoring (more useful than I thought it might be)
Panoramic roof (love it)
Meridian system (jury still out!)
Power-fold mirrors (still too nervous to attempt parking in my narrow garage, might try when I'm back from holiday...maybe)
captainham2015-09-21 09:22:59
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Shiny :) panoramic roof looks great with the red.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Black and red - A timeless combination, though I am a bit biased ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
captainham

Post by captainham »

A few more from my Cornish adventure, excuse the muck as it had done 1,100 miles on country roads by this point!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post