V6S polished and waxed

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
NoopyS

Post by NoopyS »

Spent the afternoon giving the V6S a good clean, polish & wax to protect it ahead of the cold months drawing in and could not resist posting a couple of pics.

Used the following products:
- Valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner
- Valet pro citrus pre wash
- Nanolex pure shampoo
- Microfibre madness incredimitt
- Meguiars NXT
- Zaino Z6 high gloss
- R222 concours look wax
- Supaguard glass and mirror cleaner
- Autofinesse total interior clean

Enjoy

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Looking good NoopyS !!

So I take it that you are planning to use it through the winter? That is my plan, although I have to confess that the thought of gritted roads are making me think again....decisions decisions.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
NISHSO

Post by NISHSO »

You'll be fine! I used mine all last winter, I even went out when there was snow on the ground, engaged "snow mode" which worked fairly well.
You just need to be prepared to keep on washing it down every week with the reality of it looking crap again in a very short amount of time.
I have no choice but to use mine all year round, so far so good!
Regards
NISHSO
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Words of encouragement NISHSO.......very good.

Hmm...still toying with the idea of buying a winter hack.......The roads around here can get pretty nasty during the winter.

Any ideas as to how well the underside of these cars fair during a winter of heavily gritted roads?

I heard that these automatic handbrake release systems can be a bit problematic....thinking that the salt and grit can't help much either.
NoopyS

Post by NoopyS »

Looking good NoopyS !!

So I take it that you are planning to use it through the winter?  That is my plan, although I have to confess that the thought of gritted roads are making me think again....decisions decisions.

Thanks!

Yes planning to use and enjoy through winter. If there are any light marks/scratches as a result of grit, g2 scratch remover does wonders!
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Sounds like you know your pure Carnuba from your Farécla rubbing compound, NoopyS !

Well done. I have something to learn here, I think.
The Jagster2015-10-27 18:04:30
NoopyS

Post by NoopyS »

I only learnt recently as some numpty scratched my car at my work car park. Researched and found farecla g2, absolutely brilliant.
Arne

Post by Arne »

A good polish and wax is the best way to prepare the paint for the nasty winter conditions.
Another way is to make the same preparations, and then store the car in a garage till winter is over. That is even better for the car, but not as fun for the driver Wink
I have done the latter, and I am very much looking forward to early spring.....
Two weeks ago:
Now:
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
NoopyS

Post by NoopyS »

@Arne - your V8R looks incredible in that colour. It must break your heart to put it in hibernation for the winter! Although I suspect in Norway you do not have much of a choice.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Thanks NoopyS. The worst is not the cold and the snow (as long as it does not come too much), but all the salt they use here. I don't wont that all over my car.

The good thing is that I have something great to look forward to when spring comes ;)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post