First run out

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Well today was the first chance I have for a decent run since collecting the car on Monday. The roads were reasonably dry but I was surprised at how much dirt collects on the bottom of the car. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do reduce the dirt....Apart from bone dry sunny days, avoiding puddles and country lanes of course?
Still wouldn't change it for anything else though.

captainham

Post by captainham »

Stunning, Bri.

You could consider getting a paint protection film added to the sills...won't stop them getting dirty but will be slightly easier to clean and will also stop stone chips (just in front of the rear wheels is a stone magnet).

You could also add some film to the front while you're there if you're that way inclined (I am...my whole car is covered now!).
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Big Bri

Post by Big Bri »

Thank's for the advice. Looking at the dirt on the car gives me a clear indication where the protection should be.
I think the protective film sounds like a wise move. I'll make some enquiries here in the North East before I put too many miles on the clock.
East winger

Post by East winger »

I've seen the protective plastic work for myself and it great. I would advise using it where you can afford, especially around the Sills.
Italian Racing Red Coupe S AWD + big smile
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thank's for the advice. Looking at the dirt on the car gives me a clear indication where the protection should be.
I think the protective film sounds like a wise move. I'll make some enquiries here in the North East before I put too many miles on the clock.

Shes looking good Bri. How is the cill protection film looking? Still happy with it?
Pretty sure Im going to get my cill area wrapped shortly after collecting.... don't want my newly sprayed gloss design cills getting marked! Wink
V6S Coupe, Polaris White, 19" Orbits, pano roof, red performance seats, black pack and black design pack.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

...5 more sleeps Carl, getting excited? Silly question, who wouldn't be, lol.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
Carl

Post by Carl »

...5 more sleeps Carl, getting excited? Silly question, who wouldn't be, lol.

Haven't given it much thought really Joe....... LOLLOLLOL
V6S Coupe, Polaris White, 19" Orbits, pano roof, red performance seats, black pack and black design pack.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Thumbs Up sleeping well then Carl.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013