A brace of Coupes

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
Carl

Post by Carl »

Hi Bri

I sure did collect, weekend has just been hectic and took parents to airport yesterday. Weather not been great either. Over the moon with it and will be sure to post a couple of pics very soon as I know some people were keen to see how the black design pack looked.

I don't think I used sport mode in dynamic when I test drove, that setting is insane....its like the car is ALIVE!
V6S Coupe, Polaris White, 19" Orbits, pano roof, red performance seats, black pack and black design pack.

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Dynamic mode is awesome! Hadn't really used it that much for the first year as I wanted to get accustomed to the car and getting comfortable with her being my first sports. But now I have the dynamic mode on most of the time, almost like having a different car, what a rush!
Enjoy CarlSmile
Joemax2016-03-02 08:32:44
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
OB123

Post by OB123 »

agreed - the change from normal to dynamic is incredible - even after 12 months and 18,000 miles it still puts a huge smile on my face - I tend to drive to work in normal mode and then home after work in ''naughty'' mode Smile
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
steveh

Post by steveh »

Big Bri,
We will be at HHC on the 5th April to drop the car off, but will only be there for an hour or so as we need to get the train back to Scotland. It would be great to meet up then, but there would be more time when we pick the car up a week or two later. Let me know what you think and we will work something out.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
ridgeracer

Post by ridgeracer »

Tony at Hexham is one of the nicest people in the TVR world. He sold me a couple over the years
Richard
F Type V8R "Straight up Redneck Rager"
Carl

Post by Carl »

Dynamic mode is awesome! Hadn't really used it that much for the first year as I wanted to get accustomed to the car and getting comfortable with her being my first sports. But now I have the dynamic mode on most of the time, almost like having a different car, what a rush!
Enjoy CarlSmile

Thanks Joe. Dynamic mode is awesome, but the difference between standard mode and sport (moving gear knob left) in dynamic is huge. Turns into a car with SERIOUS attitude....and I LOVE it!!!!!
V6S Coupe, Polaris White, 19" Orbits, pano roof, red performance seats, black pack and black design pack.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Dynamic mode is awesome! Hadn't really used it that much for the first year as I wanted to get accustomed to the car and getting comfortable with her being my first sports car. But now I have the dynamic mode on most of the time, almost like having a different car, what a rush!
Enjoy CarlSmile

Thanks Joe. Dynamic mode is awesome, but the difference between standard mode and sport (moving gear knob left) in dynamic is huge. Turns into a car with SERIOUS attitude....and I LOVE it!!!!!

Hey Carl, alternatively you don't need to move the gear knob to the left for sport mode, you can just shift the dynamic switch down will put it into dynamic. Moving the gear knob to the left only gives you the option to manually up and down shift the gears. Also if Im right there is no time period the manual gear shifting, be it with paddle or gear knob, will remain permanent whereas if the gear knob is in central position the manual gear shift will revert to automatic if there is no gear changing after 10 minutes or so.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
steveh

Post by steveh »

Tony at Hexham is one of the nicest people in the TVR world.  He sold me a couple over the years
Richard

Yes he is and the service is top notch, wouldn't go anywhere else. In fact a lot of his
Customers come down from Scotland. Have you had TVRs?
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Dynamic mode is awesome! Hadn't really used it that much for the first year as I wanted to get accustomed to the car and getting comfortable with her being my first sports car. But now I have the dynamic mode on most of the time, almost like having a different car, what a rush!
Enjoy CarlSmile

Hey Carl, alternatively you don't need to move the gear knob to the left for sport mode, you can just shift the dynamic switch down will put it into dynamic. Moving the gear knob to the left only gives you the option to manually up and down shift the gears. Also if Im right there is no time period the manual gear shifting, be it with paddle or gear knob, will remain permanent whereas if the gear knob is in central position the manual gear shift will revert to automatic if there is no gear changing after 10 minutes or so. 

No no carl is right, you have to do both to access bonkers mode. Dynamic alone is fun, dynamic sports mode is another class entirely.ajbh2016-03-02 23:06:46
Carl

Post by Carl »

Enjoy CarlSmile

No no carl is right, you have to do both to access bonkers mode. Dynamic alone is fun, dynamic sports mode is another class entirely.

Joe, you are in for an experience if you haven't tried S mode in dynamic (auto). It basically lowers all the auto gearing (don't touch the paddles or gear knob to change). It's incredibly low geared and its just so ready to pounce. The sport dynamic setting brings out the best in the audio too in my opinion... I don't want to know what the setting does to fuel consumption but driving and sounding like it does I just don't bloody care! 😁

PS I've read another thread somewhere and it seems it is a common misunderstanding.... A lot of people think the S is for selecting manual changing only. Give it a go!

Just found ithttp://www.ftypeownersclub.co.uk/forum/auto-changing-gears-in-sports-mode_topic401.html#.VtfZ_tWnxSACarl2016-03-03 06:31:15

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post