Tight Parking in Garage

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Wow, just wow, brave man bri! Also loving your "its good to be bad" laser solution :D

captainham

Post by captainham »

I feel your pain Bri, mine is very similar (without the double garage bit so I have strategically glued foam pipe lagging to the wall so I don't mark the doors when getting out!).
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Blimey, 47mm on each side, I had 65-70mm which I found difficult enough. I replaced the doors with sectional ones which loses the frame altogether. I can now reverse in, using the the door mirror with some of Screwfix's finest chevron tape on the floor to align the rear wheel to go in perfectly straight.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
colin gray

Post by colin gray »

You could get a made to measure roller shutter door for the opening at a reasonable cost. I had 2 made for my barn and the 3.2 m x 3 m openings were there long before the doors were ordered. If you remove that center pillar make sure the lintel supporting the roof runs the whole width of both openings and the pillar as a one complete piece or the roof could end up on the floor. It would be possible to retro fit a lintel the whole length before removing the pillar if one is not already present. Just get it checked first by someone who knows what they are looking at. It would be such a shame to leave such a beautiful car outside if the job goes wrong.

Italian Racing Red V8S
Keep the LOUD button ON!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post