Sammys V6S!

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Still loving the new exhaust. I thought I would try and make a short video of it today but a) the mic is clearly in the wrong place (too much distortion) and b) it started raining. Heavily.

But, here's a quick video anyway. Will try and get a better one.

Video is of a cold start and then just some basic driving. Unfortunately, due to the weather, I couldn't really put the hammer down.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bZos ... sp=sharing

Both Stuart (at Velocity) and James (at David Appleby Engineering have been great. Highly recommend them!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

captainham

Post by captainham »

Nice work Sammy...is that just the exhaust (i.e., no sport cats)? And which exhaust is it, as I thought VAP did a few different 'level's depending on how loud you want it.

And it's definitely no louder when valves are closed? Very tempted by this, I must admit. Last question...how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

That exhaust sounds nice, doesn't seem any louder on closed and a tad more when open. Very nice :D

My biggest question would be around the gas flow of it. Open is ideal, but those 90 bends are terrible, expecting the gas to turn without any clear flow. Very restrictive..
If you drive all the time 'open' it doesn't matter
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

@Captainham yup just the valve controlled exhaust, no sports cats. Its Race+Touring sound level.
With the valves closed, it sounds just like stock. Unless of course, you're up above 4000rm.

It's around the £2500-3000 approx. depending on your options. I had ceramic black tips as extra.

LOTS more pops and bangs and more pops n bangs at lower revs too.

@cj10jeeper - I Drive open all the time ;)
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

SammyV6S wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 am
@cj10jeeper - I Drive open all the time ;)
That's what I wanted to hear :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
captainham

Post by captainham »

SammyV6S wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 amLOTS more pops and bangs and more pops n bangs at lower revs too.
And that's just what I wanted to hear! Thanks Sammy, putting that on my wishlist for when I have a few pennies spare...
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
ty27rv

Post by ty27rv »

Alasdair 63 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:42 pm Hi sammy , the red and black looks great I noticed your front and side skirts are black did you have that done ?
Do you know if these side skirts can be retro fitted?
what's the use?
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

A few photos from this week where it was COLD.

Went to pick the car up from the dealer after having a side skirt repainted that I embarrassingly scraped, and the car was frozen shut ha!

A bit disappointed remote start didn't work - that's kinda the point right!?
Went old school with some deicer so I could actually open the door!

And one bonus photo of InControl from Apple Watch coz I think its cool and geeky.

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

ty27rv wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:46 pm
Alasdair 63 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:42 pm Hi sammy , the red and black looks great I noticed your front and side skirts are black did you have that done ?
Do you know if these side skirts can be retro fitted?
They should be able to be yes. Although most people are going for the 400 style ones now
Tel

Post by Tel »

Is that Tonbridge by any chance?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips