Sammys V6S!

Post pictures of your Jaguar FType here!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Got my Blackvue 2ch camera installed yesterday.

Blackvue came out and did it for me. Has parking mode that records movement as well for a set time after the car has parked - they did a really professional job! You can only see about 1inch of cable at the tailgate, the rest is all hidden. Really impressive!

I think someone on here pointed me to Paul, the installer from Blackvue. Hes got a Diablo himself so really knows how to take care during the install, and a really nice guy too!

I'll post some photos at some stage.
I just washed her and covered her in the garage since I wont be driving for a few days.

Just wanted to say I highly recommend them!
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

A couple of people have asked for photos of the Blackvue DR650GW 2Ch dash cameras post install so here they are!

I was not present for most of the install, I left the tech to it so I couldn't tell you where a lot of the cable is running.
I can tell you the cable from the front camera goes up and super close along the headlining (really not visible at all) and down the A pillar and into the fuse box under the passenger's footwell.
This is also where the offline power is stored so the camera stays recording motion after the car has been turned off.
The rear cable runs along the window sill (again not visible at all except for a small 1inch/2inches where it slips over the plastic and into the boot frame before vanishing and going god-knows-where.

The tech indicated the MY2016 boot hatch's interior had been completely reworked from the MY2015's and I could see him struggling to find space to thread the cable in, hence the small visible piece.

Photos were taken in the garage so they aren't the clearest and the car is dirty :(

View of the Front camera and Mojo keeping guard in the back ground:

There were two places the tech recommended mounting the camera. Where I have it, and alternatively right below the rear view mirror. Since the rear view mirror is right it the way of everything anyway, I opted to mount it out of my field of view. I hardly notice its there.
The view from the camera is great, high up and a good wide view.

A terrible shot of the wires, had to use the iPhone to provide some light, but these are the only visible wires at the front and you REALLY have to look for them. Enough room to unplug them and detach the camera if need be.

Rear camera, hardly noticeable apart from the LED light.

Here you can see the wires running along the window frame. Super job by the tech and again unnoticeableunless you look really hard. Enough room to detach the camera if need be.

And the only part of the wire at the rear thats really visible. Unless you know where to look, you never see it.

MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
ronniet

Post by ronniet »

Thanks. The pics really help
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

No problem! Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Drove up to Snake Pass today. Terrible weather, and still snow on the ground!

Snapped one shot.. (resolution gets a bit distorted when uploading :( )

SammyV6S2016-05-01 19:34:25
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Also just got this stuff delivered from Smart Polish Pro.

I've always been skeptical of waterless polishes and by no means is this going to replace a full clean, as I actually enjoy that and think its still the best way of cleaning the car, but for those times when the car has small road dirt on it, I'm going to try this stuff out.

Especially because the cover can only go on a clean car, and I dont use the car during the week, this will be amazing if it works and a massive time save for storing the car after a quick run.

captainham

Post by captainham »

I think someone on here pointed me to Paul, the installer from Blackvue. Hes got a Diablo himself so really knows how to take care during the install, and a really nice guy too!

That was me Glad you're happy, he's a top bloke. I got him back to do my new Fiesta ST as well recently.

And great to see you finally have your car, pics are all looking fantastic! (Sorry, I know you've had it a little while now but I've been AWOL for a while due to work!)captainham2016-05-01 23:34:03
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Ah yes! Thank you once more :)
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

Sharing a couple more pics. iPhone ones!

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Where did you get that cover from Sammy?
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013