Passenger door not unlocking

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Dazza67

Passenger door not unlocking

Post by Dazza67 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi all
Just had the interesting sight of my 23 year old daughter having to climb over from the passenger side to drivers side to get out of the car as the passenger door flatly refuses to unlock.
It was absolutely fine, she had exited using the normal process 10 minutes earlier but now steadfastly remains shut. Trying to unlock from inside it just makes a clunk and the light on the 'locked' symbol remains on, but goes off in the drivers side. Handle pops out externally but that's it.
I've checked all the settings I can find on the menu, but is there something stupid that I'm missing.
Cheers
Darrell

kaspa

Re: Passenger door not unlocking

Post by kaspa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:09 pm

sorry for you problems ... can't help on this one, I don't think we have child locks (but glad to be corrected)

trip to the dealer or if out of warranty a good independent .. like jagtechnic

http://jagtechnic.co.uk/

Dazza67

Post by Dazza67 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Thanks Kaspa, resigned to going to dealers as it's under extended warranty but it sorted itself out this afternoon so not sure what's going on.
Hopefully just a one off.

Roger T

Post by Roger T » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:06 pm

This passenger door not unlocking happened to me and my wife who was locked in was not amused. She did get out by climbing over and I did unlock it by pulling the fuse for the door module and then replacing it, locking it up and unlocking from outside the car, (note the fuse is labelled drivers door on a RHD car). I have put the reason for it happening down to having drive away locking and two stage unlocking selected and then my wife trying to get out the car before me. I have deselected these features and had no further problems.

Dazza67

Post by Dazza67 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Thanks Roger, both of those features are selected so I'll deselect and hopefully not have the issue again.
Cheers

Return to “F-Type Technical”