Automated start stop

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Jeasby wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:25 pm Thanks.
Yes I push the 2 L/R mirror buttons nothing happens. So possibly not a feature.

Auto stop/start: centre button is orange when driving (same as my sports exhaust etc). So I assume is on?
Interesting as I have this hateful feature on my Evoque. No light when active, Amber when switched off i.e. not active
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 pm Interesting as I have this hateful feature on my Evoque. No light when active, Amber when switched off i.e. not active
I had a 2011 Evoque and on the early ones the light was off on start-up and the stop start was off by default.
Now it seems those good folk at JLR are trying to annoy us by having it on by default on start up and the button illuminated when you dare to turn it off.
On the "sloon" I also get an icon in the corner off the dash when I switch it off to remind me I'm a climate change denier and a polar bear murderer.
:D
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Never had a problem with start/stop working on the F type, even after leaving the car for 4 weeks. The XE is a different story, as this only has one puny battery whereas the F type I believe has a separate battery for the stop/start. Both of our cars get frequent long trips, but the XE stop/start does give up occasionally and even 200+ miles of driving won't re-awaken it. 24 hours charging on a Ctek does bring it back to life. My guess is that it's very fussy about the battery state, which driving doesn't seem to rectify.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
scm

Post by scm »

mickjaguar wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:19 am ... the F type I believe has a separate battery for the stop/start.
That extra battery was only fitted to the early models and was used to provide power for some of the electronic modules, not for actually starting the car. Im not sure which MY the switch was made, my MY18 has a single battery.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post