Appalling Build Quality

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Your picture shows a gap of approx 5mm???

I admit it's not good, and if you're still not happy, then it's time to reject the car and go for a replacement or refund.

Having been through this process, I can tell you that you are either lucky or unlucky when it comes to build quality as there is no consistency I'm afraid.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩

Mostly Harmless

Post by Mostly Harmless »

Well I'm now close to 3 years of owership and can say without any hesitation that the F Type has never failed to leave me regretting buying it.

Thankfully I've only got another 3 months before it goes.

In that time I've not seen a single issue with the car resolved, in fact the list of shakes, rattles and clunks has merely got bigger. Jaguar have been less use than a fish on a bike, the local dealer refuses to do any more (not that they did anything anyway).

So from the passenger door issue through door rattles, excessive wind noise, rattling behind the dash, drivers seat that moves about and clunks, a miriad of electrical faults, and having to set the bass on the stereo at minimum so as to stop the door cards vibrating the F Type has been utterly disappointing.

Well done Jaguar, premium price and British Leyland build quality.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

well sorry to disagree

you have only made 2 posts to moan and complain :( .. have added nothing to contribute to the forum .. so good luck with your next purchase

on the other hand I have owned my F type for nearly 2 years and has been 100% with no issues, been to Yorkshire round trips no issues.
Last edited by PhilB on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

That image of the misaligned passenger door looks pretty much the same as mine was on delivery. Except that the solution was to move the rear of the sill outwards rather than do anything to the door.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I wouldn't waste your keyboard time Mick.
The initial post was a year ago and 8 members responded offering support/suggestions and/or sympathy.
The Op didn't even acknowledge the response which personally I think is downright rude.
Then only to turn up here a year later to slag the car off.
Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't have any time for an attitude like that.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Well said Phil B, some people are beyond help and just want to moan. My view is the F type is the best car you can buy. 10 months in and I love it.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Mostly Harmless.
If I would be living in the UK and had a problem like that, I would just drive to the factory, ask for the HR manager, show him the gap and
ask him to send the bugger out who fitted the door originally to correct his own mistakes... :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:41 pm @Mostly Harmless.
If I would be living in the UK and had a problem like that, I would just drive to the factory, ask for the HR manager, show him the gap and
ask him to send the bugger out who fitted the door originally to correct his own mistakes... :mrgreen:
Yes .. I do agree, but easily said then done I am afraid ;)
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Maybe, but I love the proposed solution ... especially if you could do this on busy Jaguar press day ....rgds Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

Afternoon gents, interesting to read the varying views on the build qualities. Having owned a few TVR’s in my time, such things as Friday cars do exist unfortunately. So, with that in mind, I am new to the forum, considering buying an F type, 3.0 V6 S. Just looking for some pointers on what to look for, problems etc....any constructive feedback would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Stuart
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S