RED no GPS signal

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

As a start just try removing and replacing the nav SIM card. Worked for me when I had a positioning problem.

F5JJT

Post by F5JJT »

Thanks philmayfield - but I've tried that a few times and I'm still in the Irish Sea !! - very frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a simple "re-boot" button - a little irritated with the dealership too who put me in touch with Jaguar Assistance lot - useless - and then said go to your local dealer...............anyway getting at the battery terminals is pretty easy so I'll try the power off/on trick at the weekend and then if that doesn't work it will be off to the local dealer.
2016 Glacier White AWD (S) Panroof - fixed spoiler 8-)
F5JJT

Post by F5JJT »

So surprise, surprise, my car needs a new "pod" also - which begs the question where are JLR sourcing these things from !!
2016 Glacier White AWD (S) Panroof - fixed spoiler 8-)
gregsweden

Post by gregsweden »

Hi,
I got exactly the same issue with my GPS. Before I'll will try same action to, hopefully, solve the issue, I got a question.

When opening the bootlid the big battery is located to the left. But there is something in the back right corner looking like a smaller battery. Is it a battery as well?
gregsweden

Post by gregsweden »

Where is the nav SIM card located?
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, fitted to early models for the stop/start system - keep essentials powered up during engine-off. Later models have just a single battery.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
scm

Post by scm »

scm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 pm A second battery was fitted to early models for the stop/start system - keeps essentials powered up during engine-off. Later models have just a single battery.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
gregsweden

Post by gregsweden »

After that booth batteries have been unmounted for 24h and still the GPS indicates the same wrong position when turning on the power. After 24h; the memories got to be emty?

Any way to control the antenna?
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

gregsweden wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 pm Where is the nav SIM card located?
Under the armrest by the side of the USB sky.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.