SVR Exhaust Note

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Spennymann

Post by Spennymann »

Hello!!

Had my MY16 SVR AWD coupe delivered on Friday. Absolutely love it. Used to have a MY65 V6 convertible but got rid in Sep last year. This thing is a completely different beast!

One thing, on my old V6 I could hear exactly when I pressed the active exhaust button as the tone went deeper. With the SVR I'm struggling to make out any difference at all. Although the sound is completely different it feels slightly muted in comparison. I've read about software updates which mute the exhaust. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I've checked the valves in the tailpipe and they're open when the button is lit up so have ruled that out. Any ideas!!?? I want to start upsetting my neighbours!!

Elementad

Post by Elementad »

Noted you went from v6 convertible to v8 coupe which is what I did.
I think having the tin roof makes the start up experience sound more muted. Try it with your windows down slightly.

It’s definitely still as loud, the v6 on cold start up sounds like a highly strung Ferrari 360 v8 (different pitch).

I reckon you’re louder than you actually realise 😉
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Have an SVR MY 2018 - has had the software upgrade which tones the exhaust down but it still crackles / pops when you rev it up or on overrun
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

How exactly can you see the valves in the tailpipe ? Can I see it on the R using a torch ?
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

santoshlv426 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:15 am How exactly can you see the valves in the tailpipe ? Can I see it on the R using a torch ?
Look at the actuators on the outside of the back box. You can see them clearly
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

I shall have a look.I had to check another thread on this forum to find out where to look !
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

Yes, it's probably because of new EU regulations. On my 2020 V6 the button also doesn't make much of a difference on idle.
Spennymann

Post by Spennymann »

Elementad wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 am Noted you went from v6 convertible to v8 coupe which is what I did.
I think having the tin roof makes the start up experience sound more muted. Try it with your windows down slightly.

It’s definitely still as loud, the v6 on cold start up sounds like a highly strung Ferrari 360 v8 (different pitch).

I reckon you’re louder than you actually realise 😉
Yep, think I am louder than I actually realise. Let my Dad take it for a blast last week and I followed. Plenty loud enough!! :twisted:
Blakums

Post by Blakums »

I went from a 400 Sport to a brand new SVR in March. It sounded like a raging bull when I bought it!
Within a couple of weeks, it went back to the dealership for a repair to an ill fitting wing. It had the dreaded software upgrade done without me being advised. Never sounded the same after that hence got bored after 7 months and sold it. :cry:
Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post