Plastic underbody protection on SVR

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Brendub

Post by Brendub »

Could of been worse. They could have used string.
2017 380 bhp V6S Corris Grey Coupe. Black 19inch propeller wheels and pano roof :D :D :D

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Hazbean wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:08 am The scuff marks are in fact the remains of the part sticker so no worries there, the main concern is the lack of mechanical fixings which are replaced by cable ties and the missing part or parts that it is supposed to bolt to.
As said the panel could drop, catch the road and cause more damage further back.

As they’ve bodged that panel and parts are missing, I would be asking what else have they bodged or what else is missing? I would want a thorough independent inspection of the whole car.

Hope it all gets sorted to your satisfaction.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Agree, the Jaguar dealer should be very embarrassed to sell you a car in that condition. Good luck it getting it resolved.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Hammers

Post by Hammers »

Brendub wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:54 am Could of been worse. They could have used string.
Sticky tape works too I understand. Just need to change it every few miles and don’t do over 10 mph.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.
Hazbean

Post by Hazbean »

The main dealers want it back for repairs, but they are too far away so they suggested a more local dealership and they will stand the costs. I declined that also and asked them to send the missing parts to me and I will fit them - without zip ties!!!
It’s also missing the locking wheel nuts so they are sending a set of those as well.
There is no warning triangle in the boot or fire extinguisher but not sure if they are included, does anyone know?
Thanks for all your support so far.
F type V8 SVR
MY 19
Panoramic roof
Carbon spoiler
Carbon Ceramic brakes
Caldera Red.
Very discreet!!
scm

Post by scm »

Hazbean wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:36 am There is no warning triangle in the boot or fire extinguisher but not sure if they are included, does anyone know?
I think they're options - I don't have them in my R AWD.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

scm wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:07 am
Hazbean wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:36 am There is no warning triangle in the boot or fire extinguisher but not sure if they are included, does anyone know?
I think they're options - I don't have them in my R AWD.
+1. I didn't have them either.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Firesand

Post by Firesand »

Would be interesting to know why this underbody panel was removed in the first instance, when the car that only has only done 1800 miles. I know there are issues with rear diffs, but not for cars with that milage.
Firesand

Post by Firesand »

sorry... 1400 miles
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I smell a history check required!!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post