supercharged oil change on the v6

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

I posted this thread as a "How To" for other members to see how to do the DIY granted george had done that on the yank forum , after looking at a simular thread started by Lunar . i see he was also trolled . why would the maker who recommends the oil is changed every 50,000 miles be suddenly in another members case be extended to 85,000 lol perhaps it was the cleaner he spoke to , and on the other thread he clearly states he wont be doing this himself , just a keyboard warrior who i will now not reply to , mods please note have a word with this member he seems to like hounding others

Deleted User 3572

gasgas why not tilt the car or jack up the rear then any oil will run down to back of the unit were you can suck it out
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@Beltupandholdon:

I can assure you that I had the conversation about the F-Type Supercharger oil with ‘Powerhouse UK’ earlier this afternoon and it wasn’t the cleaner by the way! I’ve summarised this in my earlier reply to you but you appear to have taken it rather badly to say the least!

As I stated in my first reply to you after seeing your Topic.....”Thought I’d have to take the car in to have the supercharger oil changed but I’ll be doing this myself when the time comes" viewtopic.php?p=59435#p59435

This also included a link to my post on Lunar’s topic ‘Supercharger Oil Change’ from January this year showing your friend George’s write-ups on how he did the job on his Jaguar XKR. This was so that others can refer to it in future if need be.

As for ‘trolling’ and ‘keyboard warrior’ what a joke!

Your topic is a very good one and I thanked you for this earlier. However things have turned since I corrected the misinformation you posted about renewing the Supercharger oil which was also confirmed by ‘Powerhouse UK’.

Let me ask you something......If you extracted 7.25 litres of engine oil from a RWD F-Type, would you then fill it with 10 litres? I doubt it very much but that’s an example of what you’ve had done with the Supercharger oil.

This forum is about providing the correct information to members and not potentially causing unnecessary damage to their vehicles!
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 3572

Alas you have no proof of the powerhouse conversation and the extra bonus you alone got from them of 85,000 mile change , i was stating george and sincerely trying to help others wished i not bothered , as you seem to have some bone to grind , well grind away mate . my last post on this topic , mods please step in
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

@Beltupandholdon:

Not sure what it’s going to take for you to accept what ‘Powerhouse UK’ told me earlier today about the Supercharger oil renewal?

I fully understand that you are trying to help others and as I’ve just mentioned, I thanked you for this in my first reply to you.

I have no ‘bone to grind’ whatsoever, especially with a very new member such as yourself.

I would also like the admins/mods to step in as some of your replies about/to me are totally uncalled for.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Deleted User 3572

Last post on this from me , only trying to show "HOW to do the DIY change , talking to george tonite he said yes their could be some of the old oil remaining around the cogs of the unit , just like draining engine oil a small percentage will remain , but it is really beneficial to do this supercharged oil change just like the diff oil or the transmission oil change you will get most of it out , the rest is up to you , your car your money . end of thread for me
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Your Topic is a good one and there’s nothing wrong with showing “How to do the DIY change”.

As I’ve previously explained, I had a lengthy conversation with ‘Powerhouse UK’ who informed me that it is not possible for the Supercharger oil to evaporate from the sealed unit and you should only replace the same amount of oil that has been taken out. Also, Jaguar themselves stipulate that the Supercharger unit is 'sealed for life'.

When it comes to doing this relatively easy job which is beneficial to the Supercharger, I’ll be following the advice I received directly from 'Powerhouse UK' who are the suppliers of these 'Eaton' Supercharger oil refill kits.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I think this one is pretty much done.
I think we shall agree to disagree.
The info is there for members to make up their own minds if they so wish.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post