Map update fails

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

I think I did read sometime some advice on here but can't find now. Juist trying to update my 2021 model P300. Got the map on usb, and plugged into the car. Get the usual notices, press to continue, goes all the way past map verification, then fails. I downloaded the map update again just to check there wasn't something missing. I've done this several times before so know the routine. Any tips on how it might resolve, otherwise I guess a trip to the dealer ..
thanks
Married to a F Type owner (P300 2021 model)

Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

I’ve had similar problems. This worked for me. Full format the USB 3.0 stick using the OS format utility (MS-DOS FAT). Then use the downloader tool to load up the nav package. Next, make sure you have a working GSM connection - the nav system seems to fall apart if it can’t get a reliable link. Finally, if all else fails, disconnect the battery and reconnect to reboot the car operating system. Other things to try: different size/make of USB 3.0 stick; use USB port directly on computer, not on an extension; make sure computer port is USB3.0 and not USB2.0; don’t have other peripherals connected to the computer at the same time; use the other USB port in the armrest and make sure the remaining port is empty.
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Thanks for suggestions. The usb stick and format are fine, it gets to installing now message them fails. Tried disconnecting battery, no difference. Waiting for call back from dealer.

What was impressive is phone call about 2 mins after disconnecting the battery to say theft alarm had been triggered.
scm

Post by scm »

PaulWildsmith wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:55 amWhat was impressive is phone call about 2 mins after disconnecting the battery to say theft alarm had been triggered.
You can set Service Mode in the Remote app to avoid that happening. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Yes, remembered whern the call came in.

Have I heard back from the dealer yet? Guess what!!
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

Update.
Wife called in to Bristol dealer, someone had a look and said they need it for a day or two. But can't until February! Tried Matford, where we bought the car, booking late January. Called Taunton, booked in for next Monday. Just as well it's not something that stops the car working ( so far ...)
Mekneedown

Post by Mekneedown »

Hi, did you find a solution as I am having the same issue
PaulWildsmith

Post by PaulWildsmith »

The dealer fixed it but I don't know what. Had another problem just a week ago, but resolved by trying another usb stick this time.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post