Touch screen crashed

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

OK So 200 Miles in I was driving along For 45 minutes and the touch screen just went Black.
a couple of times the logo has popped up then black again.
Nothing at all now even after switch off and restart so no sat nav no radio no reverse camera nothing at all.

Anyone on the forum had this happen to them ?

DDSK2016-06-08 20:17:32

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I had my screen go black once, turned the ignition off and on a number of times, no good. Put the car away in my garage a locked it, the next morning all was back to normal. I can only assume that turning the ignition off and on didn't shut it down completely and it needed to be left inactive for longer. I've not seen the problem since.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Thanks for the reply ............. I have parked her up in the garage for the night and I will try it again tomorrow to see what I get.Cry
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Ours did once, but fixed itself a couple of restarts later.
OB123

Post by OB123 »

happened to me twice - radio stayed on but volume etc didn't work and screen was blank.

After id left the car overnight all was fine the next morning - strange ....
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Confused This Morning all seems to be working again .
I Have been for a two hour Drive with no further issue so far.
Maybe the system rebooted itself or just had a Glitch.
I will report back with any updates on the situation.

Thank you for Members Inputs and experience ,Hopefully like others who have experienced this issue it will just resume normal operation.
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Report it just in case.

I'd also check the battery (or get it checked). Most issues like this with F-Types (and XF's too) tend to be battery charging issues as it seemingly is the weak point of the cars systems.

I used to get issues like this (not that particular one) but now mine sits on a CTEK charger when not in use and she's a good girl again :)
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Glad to hear it's sorted itself out. You can get back to enjoying your new car and get it looked into when convenient. My car used nearly every day, so the battery charge shouldn't be an issue. When it went blank I'd just returned from my 70 mile round trip to work and back. I reckon I might have pressed something in a combination it didn't like, who knows. I read on another forum it takes about an hour of inactivity to go through restart, which seems to tally.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

It certainly does sound like a software/hardware issue rather than an electrical failure.
Interesting to know if/when it happens to mine.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Update "... Since my last report all has been fine. But today the touch screen crash came back with a vengeance .
It was going off an on like a light switch well 8 times in 60 miles to the dealership .
They ran diagnostics and found no errors. So I have booked it in next week to be looked at over 2 days.

Drove the 60 miles home and not a glitch and all worked as should .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post