Touch screen crashed

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Damn, electronics. They can't half be a pain in the arse when they decide to play up like that.

Good luck. I hope they sort it on the next visit.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Looking on the Internet I have found others no only jaguar owners having problems with touch screens and were being caused by the Bluetooth module.
The reason I found this interesting is because a couple of times my phone has not automatically connected.
Another reason is because when I drove 60 miles home with no problems I realised upon reaching home that my phone had not been connected . Could this really be the cause ?.
Another thing I read online was about the remote app not registering properly on your iPhone unless you do a full restart of the phone. I did the restart and my remote app now connects twice as fast with the car than it has previously.
So over the next few days I am going to try the car with and without the phone connected and see if this makes any difference .

For anyone who has the app on their iPhone and like me does not turn phone off that often and want to try the restart to register the app properly on the iPhone. ,Simply hold the off button and home button together until the apple logo appears and it will do a full reboot.

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

You might have a linkage there. On the day mine went blank, I vaguely remember my phone hadn't connected, although I cant remember if I'd forgotten to switch Bluetooth on, so I reckon I switched this on later whereas I usually do it before getting into the car.

I did read on another forum of someone else who had similar blanking. problem, which on taking the whole unit out to replace it, the dealer found the main plug at the rear wasn't pushed on properly, but they replaced the entire thing anyway.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Update 2 . Well I tried with the phone not connected and Bluetooth turned of in the settings . It was looking good for 1 hour into my drive then the whole system shut down again and rebooted and did that a few times on my journey home. It was worth a try but it does not seem to be the cause. I have not been able to pinpoint any particular circumstances at the time of reboots it seems random at any speed or road conditions . all my driving in the car so far has been daytime .

Looks like I will have to see if the system reflash the dealer is going to do next week cures the problem . It s a shame as I am loving the car. Annoyed that
I have had less than 200 trouble free miles since I picked this car up on 31/05/2016 but I will give them chance to put it right but I'M not a patient guy when it comes to problems with goods I have paid good money for and they are faulty

I had to reject my Evoque which I quickly Discovered in the first 2 days showed signs of repair work which must have taken place sometime in the 2 weeks between the day it came off the production line and me picking it up.... Strangely enough no one had any answers but quickly ordered me a replacement from the factory....worrying same company.

Already wasted a 110 mile round trip for them to keep me hanging around 2 1/2 hours while they only ran a 5 minute error code reading ............ No errors logged

DDSK2016-06-17 21:59:53
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

She has Been at the Dealership for 2 days .. Think they have re flashed the touch screen system and run updates. so only time will tell if this cures the problem.
Have not got the call to collect because they are also replacing the drivers window and window seal because I pointed out vertical scratches that were already appearing on the glass.. I knew the problem was covered by a bulletin ,They were light scratches top to bottom 2 parallel and 1 single scratch .
Hopefully I will get her back tomorrow.

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Good luck. Thanks for the update.
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Update ........... Collected her today... System re flashed latest updates

Only time will tell ...... so far 50 mile drive home and another 15 mile drive out and no crash so far.

the scratches on drivers window.... they have replaced drivers window and seal also the seal on passengers window. To me this seems to point to the scratch issue being caused some how by window seal fault;
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

Update ....Finally run out of patience after a month of more system crashes and software updates.

I now believe that this is possibly either a hardware or electrical fault. Not being prepared to continue with endless tries to correct this and become a lets try this and see saga dragging on for possibly months
I have now successfully rejected this car .
Great Design, Great Car but seems like too many TATA components

The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

That's such a shame, but you are right. One can only put up with so much hassle before the love has been lost due to frustration and annoyance.
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

After a month of continuing fault with the Touch screen I had to take the stance.
After the last software update the system was 10x worse. I now believe that it may be more of a hardware or electrical issue. I had to decide to either go down the road of them trying to change out components which could have dragged on and on or draw the line while I had the strong case to do so.
These things happen with all manufacturers and I was just unlucky to get one with a fault and one that they did not seem to be able to Diagnose. I had a loan F Type for 3 days so I have had a feel of how the car really is when without fault

That all said what a great car loved every minute apart from the fault. Great Design Fantastic Engine and Gearbox great road handling and I got 30.7 on a mixed 100 mile drive cant argue with that. Even the boot holds more than you expect .

Feeling gutted at the moment

All I have to say is "I'LL BE BACK" watch this space

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post