Problem with headlight washer jets

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
jetski jezz

Post by jetski jezz »

My passenger side washer jet for the front headlight got itself stuck over the weekend, it appears to have broken from its mounting somehow.
I'm assuming it will be a warranty item, but just wondered if anyone else had come across the same problem?

carphone

Post by carphone »

apologies for dragging up this post (the magic of google) - my drivers side headlight washer jet is also stuck open the last few days - seems intermittent (weather related maybe)?

Anyone had the same issue / fix?

Many Thanks

Dan
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Quite possibly frozen wash water and all will be well come warmer temps.

Not in the F type, I have 50% mix screenwash and still the jets freeze over. After a 100+ mile run on Weds. in -6 I noticed icicles of blue screenwash hanging from below the corners of the bumper where the mechanism hadn't driven the jets out to wash the headlights. Of course it all thaws and works after a spell of stationary heatsoak.
carphone

Post by carphone »

Thanks Aitich - seems to have fixed it self must have been the -5 temps lol
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Definitely the weather.
Over on the "repmobile" forums, three separate people thinking the washer jet fuse had blown.
Plus headlamps washers getting stuck open.
Of course with a bit of thaw things have returned to normal including the one that had just water in the washer bottle.
:roll:
I think the temps exceeded a lot of the pre-mixed stuff so people were caught out.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post