Condensation inside headlights

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
jetski jezz

Post by jetski jezz »

I've only owned my V8S convertible for a couple of days, but after bringing it back from a driving trip in Devon in which we encountered an awful love rain I've noticed that both headlights have got condensation forming on the inside.

When I bought the car I was told it had only been driven twice in the rain, I'm inclined to believe this as it has done very low mileage and really was only used as an occasional weekend car.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem before. I just think it's a bit strange for both headlights to have the same problem.

daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I've had that before and it does clear. do you garage it? Mine clears after a run as it dries out in the garage usually.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Ive had that before and it cleared very quickly.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
jetski jezz

Post by jetski jezz »

Yes, I do garage the car, it's sat tucked away in the garage right now, but when I pulled it out this morning to take my son to school I noticed that one of the lights still had condensation.

Surely there shouldn't be any condensation whatsoever in the headlights? This must be some sort of design defect that should be rectified by the dealer?
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

I quite agree jetski, have it checked out.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Nope, and mine lives outside....
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

It is pretty humid at the moment, so...

Definitely worth making the dealer aware of the issue, but personally, I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Happened on mine after washing the car. Dealer advised nothing to worry about as it will clear within a few days which it did. Doesn't happen when I wash my other car though so does make me wonder how the water gets in. I only use a hose too which is set to sprinkle not blast so definitely would not ever use a pressure washer!
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!
jetski jezz

Post by jetski jezz »

Just a brief update, the car has now been sat in the garage for at least 4 days without going anywhere, I pulled out yesterday and glanced at the lights when I got to my destination, both had condensation in them again.

The problem I got is that the warranty expires in exactly a months time, so don't really want to leave it want to make sure it's reported/dealt with under the original warranty before I put the extended warranty onto it and find that I end up having to chip in towards the cost as I'm sure they will end up putting some sort of excess against the extended warranty.

The car is due a service, so booking it in within the next couple of weeks, my local dealership has asked me to take a couple of pictures and email across which I will be doing shortly.
DDSK

Post by DDSK »

There is a section on page 49 of the owners manual about condensation inside headlights.
It says this is normal in certain conditions and is not detrimental to the headlights and should clear naturally

DDSK2016-06-19 01:00:15

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post