Condensation inside headlights

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Im with you jezz, hassle dealer before warranty ends to see what they can do, its unsightly and would annoy me no end.

jetski jezz

Post by jetski jezz »

Im with you jezz, hassle dealer before warranty ends to see what they can do, its unsightly and would annoy me no end.

Saturday, doing a short 20 mile drive and then parking it outside the hotel before driving it back the next day. No rain whatsoever and yet condensation in both headlights. To be honest not good enough and definitely something I will be pursuing with the dealer.
jetski jezz

Post by jetski jezz »

Just to give a full update on this one. My dealer asked me to send pictures of the condensation so they could have some sort of proof of it.
I was really surprised when I took the car into the dealer for the service that they had in fact ordered and have sat in stock two front headlights.
So whilst it was service they changed the headlights.

That was on Friday, might unit a couple of times since and no sign of condensation at all, so there was definitely something wrong with the old headlights.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Nice :) Glad it worked out, those sort of niggles are really irritating.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Great news Jezz....and good to hear that the dealers are looking after 'us'. Clap
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
Tel

Post by Tel »

It's a well documented issue if you search tinterweb.

Keep an eye on the NS rear tail lamps as well.

One good way of telling what is failing on these cars is to search ebay for accessories....there you will see a plethora of headlights and NSR tail lamp assemblies for sail as well as other odds and sods.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Glad to hear you got it sorted out JetskiSmile
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

One good way of telling what is failing on these cars is to search ebay for accessories....there you will see a plethora of headlights and NSR tail lamp assemblies for sail as well as other odds and sods.

Ah!...I wondered what that was all about.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
77webbo

Post by 77webbo »

Which dealership do you take your car to ?
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Happened on mine after washing the car. Dealer advised nothing to worry about as it will clear within a few days which it did. Doesn't happen when I wash my other car though so does make me wonder how the water gets in. I only use a hose too which is set to sprinkle not blast so definitely would not ever use a pressure washer!

Looks as though my dealer was trying to fob me off. Very disappointing when it appears to be a known issue. I will be pushing for mine to be replaced under warranty as they should not be letting water in. Service due in a couple of months time so I will request that they order replacements.
Salsa Red V6S Coupe, Performance Heated Seats, Memory Pack, 20" DC Gyrodynes, Heated Windscreen, Blind Spot Detection & CVS, Meridian Audio, Powered Tailgate, Illuminated Tread Plates and Big Smile!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post