Car didn't unlock after being unused for a week

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Shunt

Post by Shunt »

Hi, W've just returned from a weeks skiing. The car was left in the garage having been double locked using the remote / smart keyfob. When I returned the key fob did nothing and the car appeared to be dead. I thought it must have been a flat battery. I used the hidden key to unlock the door. Once unlocked it set off the alarm, which I reset with the smart key.

Now the car is fine, started with no sign off loss of battery power and the remote opperates as it did previously. Am I missing something here, like does it go to sleep and needed a long press of the button to awaken it?
Amethyst Black V8S
Estoril M135i
Red BMW S1000R

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

I think that's normal. My previous 911 behaved in the same way. Battery saving perhaps.
josseligman

Post by josseligman »

I’ve just had the same problem having been away for two weeks. Yesterday I had to manually unlock the car as neither fob I have worked. After it started the fobs began working as normal.

Today I had to manually unlock it again and neither of the fobs I have work.

I also had to pull out the wing mirrors as although the car was open they were recessed as if the car was locked. Locking and unlocking the car using the internal buttons did not move them.

Anyone know what is going on?
scm

Post by scm »

I'd check the state of charge of your battery as a first step, just to eliminate it a source of the problem.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

not use mine since 1st November, went out Thursday to start up and all was just fine
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Changed key fob batteries. Both of them, even if spare rarely/never used 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies