Front grill number plate

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
PaulMc

Post by PaulMc »

Another with the same stick on plate. Looks miles better, gives the car almost a meaner look and in line with old E-Types I think. No issue with police or tickets.

PaulMc

Post by PaulMc »

Oh.. and yes holes have been left on the plastic. Not too noticeable, but local dealer quoted around £120ish for a new plastic cover - I'll get around to swapping out for this summer :)
MOz

Post by MOz »

Apologies but that looks awful in my eyes. Looks worse that the standard mounting point but it's good to see you've taken the plunge so we can all make our minds up.

No offence!
V6S ragtop, Salsa Red, 20" Cyclones, extended black leather performance interior with red stitching and the finest exhaust note in motoring history.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Must agree. Looks tacky.

Sorry!
steveh

Post by steveh »

Me too, sorry.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
ridgeracer

Post by ridgeracer »

Looks good to me mate i took off the plastic bit as well :-)
F Type V8R "Straight up Redneck Rager"
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

I think it's personal taste - number plate looks better where it is meant to be. Plus i can't see it anyway when i'm driving so its not an issue imo.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Whether it looks good or bad the fact is that it's illegal. It's an excuse for the police to stop you and then they'll check your tyres, require a breath sample and ask questions. The F Type is conspicuous enough without inviting further unwanted attention.
steveh

Post by steveh »

Didn't mean to criticise, would be boring if everyone liked the same but my preference is to leave it as Jaguar intended.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

...Front number plates always spoil car styling. I think we should be granted an exemption for the F-Type because they are making our streets more beautiful !...haha...

...and besides that, most folk will need to read the rear plate as they will always be behind, not in front. Wink.........Big smile
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post