Front grill number plate

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

I also received some of the parts to update the front and dump that plate, but have an easy way yo install for petrol stations etc. Once I have the gloss black trim and a new plate I shall update with my new look
 regards, Paul

Paul, I'm waiting interestingly to see your Sto 'n Sho when you get it.... 

Nowhere is safe on the tinterweb.... have the Sto 'n Sho holder, extra front plate and now waiting on Jaguar ... the holder is really nicely made ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

On a similar theme, how easy is it to replace the grille surround, as i fancy the black surround? Is it a bumper off and is that a big job?

Thanks
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Firesandftype

Post by Firesandftype »

I think the stick on plate would look great on a white car, not so sure about other colours though. I like my plate as it tell people what it is (more or less)
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Tel wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:54 am
Paul, I'm waiting interestingly to see your Sto 'n Sho when you get it....
The Sto'n'Sho install took minutes, replacing the butchered centre beam was a little more complex as I needed to drop the front bumper cover. Its a straight forward enough job but needs two so had to wait for friendly pair of hands to assist.

Whilst the front end was exposed I took the tine to wash everything and apply some sealants before re-installing all the components. The hardest and most tine consuming activity is releasing and then re-installing all the bolts ... and there's a LOT of them.

As the liners come out of the arches they have been washed and dressed so all like new, along with the caliper's that have also been cleaned and sealed. Finally I retreated the inner side of the wheels to assist with cleaning going forwards.

So now I have all grilles (front, sides and bonnet) complemented by gloss black replacement parts and a nice clean look to the front end :D

Gloss 1.JPG

Gloss 2.JPG

Thanx, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Looks good, also It does look cleaner without the number plate there, it makes you wonder why Jag don't position it under the grill as they do with their other cars.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

m_101 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:10 am Could you not get one with manufacturer details and correct size numbers? I had a quick measure and although a plate with the correct size numbers would need to wrap around the front of the crossbar very slightly it looked like it was possible to do it.I might try it, see how it looks, and then could replace the existing plate holder over the top if need be.
hi what is the measurement of the bar for the stick on plate
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I took the plinth off this week and had a smart repair done to fill the holes that were there. I've stuck my short plate on and it's solid. I'm not keen on the look of the stick on plates between the bonnet and grill but if we all liked the same things the world would be a very boring place :lol:

MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Non vertical plates are illegal anyway. No point in drawing extra attention to yourself. :D
SESH

Post by SESH »

Mine's been non-vertical for over 45 years!!! :lol:

F & E Type.jpg

2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
hAudi

Post by hAudi »

I slide my front plate between the windscreen and dashboard (see image)

I purchased the OEM plate holder - for one reason? The original Jaguar invoice, which my dealership reprints periodically....

... like all beautiful things, it is best viewed topless! Definitely.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post